Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward 400IDL heater died

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward 400IDL heater died

Now I need a replacement. I got 3 quotes so far for a master temp 400. Lowest is $2400 highest $3500. Installed. Yikes!

Is this about right in the ballpark?

14,000 gallon IG plaster pool, Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward 400IDL heater died

Yes if you really want a Master Temp. Are these quotes from licensed installers? Have you considered other brands?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303
    Yes if you really want a Master Temp. Are these quotes from licensed installers? Have you considered other brands?

It seems that its my best choice in Vegas. No one seems to carry Raypack and I do not want another Hayward. The guy at NPS told me that they could get me a raypack but they were not really sure about the models/prices/etc. (He thought they were out of business)

All three quotes were from licensed installers (I'm pretty sure). One was a Local installer I was referred to by the normal company I use for pool repairs, NPS pool Store, and a pool builder.

What else should i consider?

Thanks!
    Jeff

4. Back To Top    #4

Another question for those of you in the know. Would it be crazy to try and replace the heater myself? Upgrading from a 400K BTU Hayward to a 400K BTU Pentair or Raypack? I'm very good with electricity not so much a fan of plumbing though...

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Raypak is far from being out of business.

Sure you can install your own heater but read the fine print on the warranty. I know that Raypak and Pentair state in their warranty that in order for it be covered under their warranty, it HAS to be installed by a licensed professional.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,