Foam Floor Insulation for AGP

My father in law has it because they're in FL and he kept having Bermuda grass come through liners. I'm in PA and my pool is really just used for my floating enjoyment, so I skipped it. Do you have grass/root/plant issues, and who will be using the pool and how? If there's a lot of volleyball playing, kids jumping, etc., it may be worth it.

Not sure if this helps, but we started off for a few years with an above ground intex and I used it and loved it. First year we didn't, second year we did. Made it more easy to level and it was softer on the feet. The first year regardless of how long we tried to get any little rock off our base, seemed one would always find its way to the surface. I wish I would have put it there the first year. We made the plung to a IG this year, but if I was to have an above ground again, I would do it.

It was a pain, to tape seems and cut, but in the end it was worth it.

I highly recommend it. I didn't know the importance of it when we had our pool installed. We will definitely add it when it comes time to replace the liner. The ground changes during the seasons. If you live in an area where it freezes the dirt will expand and contract under your pool. Then the weight of the water will eventually cause "dimples" to appear on the floor if you use sand alone. This makes it harder to vacuum and it starts to look like the surface of the moon . Also, a very rainy season like we had this summer will slowly wash the cove away from the edges and can even expose sharp rocks that could damage your liner. This has been my experience.

I'm taking my pool down in the next month but I'm going to put foam boards down next year. This year there are some sharp rocks poking up in a few spots, and I've crossed my fingers and held my breath that they wouldn't poke through the liner, and so far so good. But it's always a worry in the back of my mind that I don't need.

My problem is I can't find 4x8 sheets of insulation. My local Home Depot has a variety of Owen Corning pink in various thicknesses in 2x8, but no 4x8. I can't even find it on the Home Depot website. If anyone knows where to get it and what thickness, please let me know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.