accurate thermometer??

It's like the man with two watches. A man with only one always knows what time it is. :mrgreen:

I would suggest a lab supply if you really want accuracy. They will have a variety of types and at least a few that can stand being banged around in a spa. Good luck, and welcome to TFP.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I did some internet searches out of curiosity and did not find a particular brand or type that stood out head & shoulders above all others as the gold standard. You may want to browse through this thread on a digital thermometer that several members had purchased: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-and-spa-thermometer-with-wireless-temperature-sensor-t19328.html. Considering this thread was posted in 2010, the identical unit may or may not be available or it might have been replaced with an updated unit.

I would first narrow it down to which type of thermometer your interested in (digital, dial-type, or the traditional tube-type). I would get one that is easy to read.

A couple of outside-the-box suggestions to consider...You could look into an aquarium water temp thermometer, an NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) food service thermometer, or a laboratory thermometer. Of these three, you will probably get the best bang for the buck with the food-service thermometer. This is often a dial-type unit that is easy to read where you dip the probe end into the water and then get a reading within a few seconds. However, I wouldn't leave it in the spa as many of these units are not entirely water-tight. With any of these units, just make sure the working temperature range covers the expected temperature range for your spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.