Alexa thermometer?

ioinva

Jun 3, 2020
VA
I've been looking for a wireless thermometer that would not only connect to its own app, but would also report through a common interface, either in a standard home automation app, or using a standard interface into something like Alexa ("Alexa, what is the pool temperature?").

Any suggestions? I can only find this product set that includes an app as well as a pool thermometer, but it does not communicate with anything else, and certainly not with Alexa.
1684612384474.png

So... sharing this. I did end up getting the inkbird thermometer, and NOWHERE on the page does it say that it integrates with Alexa, but hey -- better than nothing. Turns out they do have an app, and as I was poking at it, lo and behold, there was a button -- under details of my account -- showing Alexa. Just instructions for adding Alexa skills to report on the sensor, but it "kinda" works.

The thermometer itself seems to be stuck reporting in Centigrades, but the gateway reports Fahrenheit -- and Alexa interprets the Centigrades as fahrenheit and then transforms that to Centigrades again -- so it reports -4C instead f 70F. Working through this glitch, but basically it does do what I wanted it to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.