1963 pool resurection

I would add some Cal-Hypo for the chlorine right now as the CH is a little low for new plaster. Once the CH hits 200 I would stop using it. I would also put enough CYA in a sock to raise the level up to 30.

Get the pH down to 7.6 today if you can and keep it below 8. This first month the curing plaster is going to raise the pH a lot and it needs to be kept in check.

Heck, you might as well buy stock in MA companies, you're pool will on a constant diet of it even after the initial rush - due to your SWCG. No issue whatsoever, it will just be your little tradition to add xx amount of MA every so many days. Mine is 1 gallon of 31.45% every 6 days for 27K gallons in season.

Side note- I've had the same iPhone for 3 years and my wife is always telling me to get a new one. Why? I say, if it still works. Her new one stopped working after a couple weeks.
Anyway, I forgot to close the pocket on my shirt and, you guessed it, the old iPhone in the pool trick.
Deep end. Fresh chemicals. Cold water.
I fished it out about 10 minutes later with the pole and made the walk of shame in the house to show my wife my old faithful had perished.
To my surprise the darn thing still works!
Unbelievable, right? No waterproof case or anything. Crazy.
Got my ph down to about 7.3 or so and chlorine up to 2 or 3. I'll be honest with you on the quick test I cannot tell the difference in color between the two. Anyway, seems like good news to me. I added cya to the skimmer and will take some more readings in a bit.

Ok. Thanks.
Starting to see dot get foggy on the cya test. Added about 4 or 5 pounds today.
Ch 125
Ta 120
Ph 7.3
Fc 3
Cc 1
Tc 4
Cya coming up
Today besides cya I added some cal hypo and 1/2 gallon of higher strength MA.
Still no sign of pressure rise in filter. Pump running on high 24/7still. No spa suction only overflow due to partial bypass and wanting everything to go through filter. Bad idea?
Things are looking up I think.
Now if I can just get the gas co. Out here to upgrade the meter and hook up my heater...

so...I was reading your post about your iphone and then you switched back to chemical speak but my brain was still tracking the phone conversation and read your post to say that you got your phone down to 7.3....it was about then that my brain switched back to tracking to the chemical measurements.... I did just get off a 5.5 hour flight - I am blaming it on that. -Karen

Ph could be a phone abbreviation Karen. Sorry to jump around like that. Going a little bonkers myself trying to keep track of everything. I was recording results on the iPhone and then, plop!
I, like you, spent so much time and energy with the build that I am now having to catch up on pool school and pool chemicals and what they do and how and how much of this and that. Time starts ticking fast once the water goes in!
Not much time in between brushing, adding chemicals, running to the store to get them and testing the water. It gets dark quick now.
Hopefully you'll be better prepared than I was when that shocking unbelievable moment happens and that old hole in the ground is suddenly a pool filled with water that needs your immediate undivided attention like a new child or pet. I have to admit it caught me off guard a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
will do bmore.
todays readings are,
ch 125
ta 140
ph 7.5
fc 2.5
cc 0
tc 2.5
cya no test added 5 lbs yesterday
pool temp 64 degrees.
pump still running on high 24/7
also added one packet of cal hypo 1 lb. same as yesterday.
continue brushing as often as I can.

Sweet! Now we can help teach you all about your pool that is DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a good handle on what needs to be done. After a while you will not even have to think about it. Until then test, adjust, ask questions.

It will take some time for it all to settle out due to the new plaster. It will so worth it!

Kim

OH MY what a MISTAKE to make LOL! But I really think it stands for:

Test at pool store buy a little stuff
Retest at pool store buy more stuff
Purchase a stick of dynamite to blow the thing out of the water!

TFP all the way!

Kim

Side note- I've had the same iPhone for 3 years and my wife is always telling me to get a new one. Why? I say, if it still works. Her new one stopped working after a couple weeks.
Anyway, I forgot to close the pocket on my shirt and, you guessed it, the old iPhone in the pool trick.
Deep end. Fresh chemicals. Cold water.
I fished it out about 10 minutes later with the pole and made the walk of shame in the house to show my wife my old faithful had perished.
To my surprise the darn thing still works!
Unbelievable, right? No waterproof case or anything. Crazy.
Got my ph down to about 7.3 or so and chlorine up to 2 or 3. I'll be honest with you on the quick test I cannot tell the difference in color between the two. Anyway, seems like good news to me. I added cya to the skimmer and will take some more readings in a bit.

Do you already have salt in the pool? I probably missed that somewhere. I ask because I actually fell in the pool this summer with my phone in my pocket. I jumped out, got my phone out, went to sling the water off, and threw it right back in the pool. It worked, and i dried it with a blow dryer then did the rice trick. It worked with decreasing functionality for about two weeks before it completely died. Tried having it professionally cleaned within that period. They thought all was good, then there she went, so they didn't charge me. The salt corroded some connections in the phone. Hope you have better luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.