1963 pool resurection

that's a bummer.
no salt yet.
phone is losing its cool. worked yesterday. not today. lets see what tomorrow brings. did the rice thing.

You'll love your iPhone 6...don't fight it too hard.

I usually trade my phone in ASAP. You get the most trade in value out of it. I sign a new contract and just about get the phone for free by the time I trade the other one in or sell it. I paid $200 for my 5S and sold my 4S for the same. It's all good til you drown one. Luckily Apple cut me a deal for $300 instead of full price. Not that $300 is all that lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not to change this to a phone thread or anything but are iphone 6's readily available? can I trade this thing in for a descent discount if I can get it working again?
are they worth it? will a 6 or 6plus fit in your shirt pocket?

They are more readily available from your carrier than a store currently. There's a 99.999% chance the water damage indicators are changed colors. You might get $15 if you shop around. Bestbuy, walmart, and gazelle would be the places to check. Are they worth it? It's all relative. I work shift work, so they are definitely worth it. :) The 6 would fit in a shirt pocket, but it would have to be a xxxl t-shirt pocket to fit the 6plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my iPhone 6+ 64GB in Space Gray. Love it. Its a bit big for pockets and such but not impossible. If you stand it on end its a 1/4" shorter than a 32oz plastic cup like you get from fast food places and about as wide. I took it out of the box and it went straight into a case and got a screen protector. Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen protectors are hands down the absolute best. The surface is slick just like the original screen and resists smudges while not clouding the screen. I traded up from an iPhone 5 and do not regret it. I got the 6+ to replace my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini that I sold. I just wanted 1 device instead of 2.

As far as your phone goes, if it is an iPhone and got wet, sell it like it is and be honest with the buyer because there are ways to tell if it has been wet.

not to change this to a phone thread or anything but are iphone 6's readily available? can I trade this thing in for a descent discount if I can get it working again?
are they worth it? will a 6 or 6plus fit in your shirt pocket?

LOL Jimbo! Like any of the current build threads have stayed on task!

At least it YOUR thread YOU are going off of!

Kim

Cya is coming up somewhere around 20 now.
Still trying to bring ch up still seems to be lingering around the 125 mark. I've been adding 1 lb each day of cal hypo to slowly bring it up but it doesn't seem to budge.
Any thoughts?
Ph, fc and ta seem to be ok. Concentrating on fc and ph. Cc is 0.
I haven't been running the spa, mostly because of the bypass and I want everything to go through the filter. It does have circulation as I have the jet valve partially open for the spillway so there is some circulation but no suction. Does this seem ok?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your small amount of circulation should be fine for the spa, that is how I run mine until I put it in spa mode. Just check the FC in the spa here and there to make sure that it is staying chlorinated.

Use PoolMath to calculate how much calcium you are adding each time you dose the pool. You are probably only adding 2-3 ppm of CH per pound depending on strength and volume of your pool. My CH never went below 200 from a fresh fill 4 years ago and now it is at 550, have you tested the fill water for CH? Note to others, we are fairly close neighbors. Do you have a speedstir? That device makes checking CH a lot easier than swirling by hand.

here is a taste of before and after

I picture you out there weedeating and going, "Man this is terrible. Look at all of this grass. This is going to look awesome when I'm done....wait a minute, I need a before picture." Hence the half weedeated picture?

Man it looks great! I'll be monitoring your results and what you do to get your numbers where they need to be as you are where I'll be next week sometime I assume.

I picture you out there weeding eating and going, "Man this is terrible. Look at all of this grass. This is going to look awesome when I'm done....wait a minute, I need a before picture." Hence the half weedeated picture?

Man it looks great! I'll be monitoring your results and what you do to get your numbers where they need to be as you are where I'll be next week sometime I assume.

Nah, that's his "Before SLAM" pic. Algae was so bad he had to weed eat it!

That picture was taken a few years ago after we moved in. I spent so much time working on the house before we moved in that the backyard got totally neglected. That picture was taken to show how neglected it was I think.
Ping, I will test the tap water. I find it hard to believe our tap water could be so different when we live so close. Maybe we are fed from different reserves.
Yes I have a speed stir. This thing is awesome.

Long Beach has a couple of different water suppliers so the water makeup can change from time to time, but for the most part our area stays fairly consistent. If I do remember correctly, the last time I checked the tap water the CH was in the low 100's which makes sense with your fill.

Gas co guy came today and hooked up heater. Anybody see a problem with running it?
We have had water in for 10 days. I brush every day multiple times. I really don't see much in the way of plaster dust. Never saw a whole lot to be honest. Pb said he used some sort of crushed marble mix, white plaster. I do see some traces of sand type stuff in it but it's still pretty smooth.
Ph and chlorine levels are good.
Wadda ya think?
Oh yeah, what about the robot? Can I chuck him in there too?

Shouldn't cleaners wait 30 days to avoid marks potentially being made by the wheels?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.