Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: Please pick a winner for the Rename the Shock Process contest

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • CLEAR - Chlorine Level Elevated And Repeat

21 27.27%
  • ICE - Informed Chlorine Elevation

4 5.19%
  • SLAM - Shock Level and Maintain

52 67.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The TFP Name the Shock Process Contest Finals

1. Back To Top    #1

The TFP Name the Shock Process Contest Finals

Name the Shock Process Contest Finals

We need a new name for the Shock Process, and we are asking you to help us pick the perfect name. Please vote for your favorite name before July 9th. All three of the finalists will win prizes, and the winning entry will become the new name for The Shock Process at TFP!

We haven't had a contest in a while, so the prizes are HUGE.

First prize - An Aquabot Turbo T-Jet In Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner, Courtesy of PoolSupplyWorld.com
    [attachment=2:3s2kqdcq]robot.jpg[/attachment:3s2kqdcq]

Second Prize - A $200 dollar gift certificate to TFTestKits.net
    [attachment=1:3s2kqdcq]testkit.jpg[/attachment:3s2kqdcq]

Third prize - A $100 dollar gift certificate to TFTestKits.net

[attachment=0:3s2kqdcq]valve.jpg[/attachment:3s2kqdcq]

Fine print:

The top three entries were selected by the moderators and admin from entries made in the preliminary round of the contest. The final winner will be determined by the result of this all membership poll. The deadline for voting is right before July 9th California time. You can change your vote up until the last minute. You must be a member of the forum (supporter or not) to vote. Anyone detected creating extra accounts to "stuff" the ballot box will be disqualified, and banned from the forum permanetly.

If you are not completely familiar with the Shock Process we teach, read "The Shock Process" in Pool School for a refresher. Pick the finalist you think would be a simple, descriptive, easy to remember name that we can call the shock process.

PoolSupplyWorld.com and TFTestKits.net support the principles of simplicity that we teach here and we are very appreciative of their support. Please thank them for providing these amazing prizes.

All three final entries were submitted by crek31
    crek31 will get their choice of any one of the three prizes, and the remanning prizes will be awarded to the runners up.

Because one person wrote all three final entries, we have decided to give crek31 his choice of any one of the three prizes. The remaining prizes will be awarded to the people who submitted the two entries with the next highest number of votes from the moderators. By the by, none of the moderators knew who had submitted which entry when they choose the finalists.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: The TFP Name the Shock Process Contest Finals

Okay, TFP'rs,

The ball is in your court. Let's get some votes in there. This is really a very important change for all of us so pick what you think is best. Once the winner is decided, you will see that name plastered all over this forum for years to come. Make your choice.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll put my money on "crek31" winning this one!

Congrats!!

4. Back To Top    #4

New User: "My pool is green i don't know what to do"
    TFP Member: "You need to SLAM your pool"

It just rolls of the tongue easy peasy......
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

5. Back To Top    #5

And it opens itself up to "that's what she said" jokes

6. Back To Top    #6

Hey... my submission wasn't there.... but I voted!
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

Hey techguy, me too!
    Not to SLAM anyone, but ICEe CLEARly that the moderators went for acronyms.
    Congrats to the Winner!!
    Alan in Wellington, FL - near West Palm Beach
    15,200 gal IG, painted plaster, 1988; 200 SqFt cartridge filter, 2013; 1.5 HP 1-speed pump (uprated), 2005; heat pump, 2005;
    soon to repair (dead) SWG AquaRite T-15 cell, 2005, and replace (dead) suction-side cleaner, 2005.
    Almost everything died this winter 2012-'13, and I know we shouldn't complain... but, Arrgh!

8. Back To Top    #8

I voted! Can we see all the other submitted names too? : )
    16x32 I.G. Vinyl, Hayward Pro High-Rate Sand S220T, Vari-Flo XL Valve, Hayward Super Pump 1Hp , Great White cleaner, Hayward W530 Leaf Canister, TF100, Pool Skim.

9. Back To Top    #9

I'm SHOCKED to see so few votes.....
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by harleysilo
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

SHOCKED
    Prepare to lose that word from your TFP vocabulary next week
    Dave S.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by harleysilo
    Me too!!

Of these three, SLAM by a long shot. By far the best of them IMHO, so hat's off to whomever came up with that one. Come on folks...let's get some votes in here.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

13. Back To Top    #13

Not trying to be difficult but what about a "none of the above option".
    Honestly, and I know it's personal preference, I personally don't feel much for any of them and I wonder how many people will actually work those into their vocabulary in place of "shock".

Just my opinion, not trying to be rude.

Or perhaps expand the list.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

We have spent the last five years jumbling "shock" and "shock process" and confusing everyone. Those days are over very soon.

All three choices are VERY fine choices honed down from a list of 127 pretty thoughtful entries.

One of those will win the grand prize and that will be the defacto choice for how we describe the correct process for getting a pool crystal clear.
    Dave S.

15. Back To Top    #15

I just found this, no idea it was going in at all. Hrrrmm

Honestly, I lice CLEAR more than SLAM as it doesn't have that infomercial buzzword ring to it. Lols
    But it sounds a bit confusing, when we tell a new member... "you need to CLEAR your pool". It's almost as bad as telling them to just "shock it".

SLAM gets them asking questions, as it isn't already a pool term, so the brain says "does not compute". But CLEAR on the other hand is a pool term, that's why everyone finds us, wanting to "clear" their pool up.

I kinda want CLEAR over SLAM, so any ideas how we can sell CLEAR in our daily explanations of how it all rolls when helping out new TFP'ers?
    It's pretty late here, otherwise I might have more ideas.
    Opening up the floor, whadya got?
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

16. Back To Top    #16

"KnowyourCYAwhilstIGORINGthePHwhilstSHOCKING2theCC@0.5(OrBEL OW)w/FCadjusted4yourCYA-(According2yourTF100)andThenAdvance2Borate"
    SW Las Vegas, Nevada 10,294 Gal pool, 660 Gal attached spa - 10,949 Gal total. Plaster. 550 Series Hayward Cartridge filter w/ 550SqFt surface area. Flow rate 150GPH, 2.5 Hp single speed pump. Built 2005 with attached spa that sits higher than pool but is on same filtration system.
    I use TFTestkits , Pool Calculator , Pool School - Easy Peasy to do - and am VERY happy with my pool!

17. Back To Top    #17

"Throwing Sanity at a problem that can drive you Insane"
    SW Las Vegas, Nevada 10,294 Gal pool, 660 Gal attached spa - 10,949 Gal total. Plaster. 550 Series Hayward Cartridge filter w/ 550SqFt surface area. Flow rate 150GPH, 2.5 Hp single speed pump. Built 2005 with attached spa that sits higher than pool but is on same filtration system.
    I use TFTestkits , Pool Calculator , Pool School - Easy Peasy to do - and am VERY happy with my pool!

18. Back To Top    #18

"Out of the Green and into the Blue..."

19. Back To Top    #19

"Shocked? You will be - when you see how nice your pool turns out!"

20. Back To Top    #20

"Even the POOL was SHOCKED by the AWESOME results!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast