Has anyone had luck with the CompuPool CPSC48?

Jan 16, 2013
Taxachusetts
Has anyone had luck with the CompuPool CPSC48? I bought one, but haven't installed it yet.

All I seem to read about these (after purchasing) is:

1. Inaccurate temp/salt readings. Why?
2. Need to recalibrate. Why?
3. Their website claims a much higher output than it actually does.

I should have stuck with my original gut feeling and got an Aquarite or Pentair.
Doh!

Live and learn.

Re: CPSC48 meltdown

I learned to deal with the inaccuracies of the unit, I just ignore the lights and test with the aquacheck strips. Under normal operation, I have it running at 50-60% capacity 4 hours in the morning and 5 hours in the evening. Pretty funny when it says the pool is over 100 degrees temperature and it's March.

I notice that the plug design has changed since I bought mine, so maybe they've improved the connection.

There have been thirty or forty extremely positive mentions of CompuPool SWGs, though they don't tend to be large flashy posts.

The salt reading out of calibration issue seems to be fairly rare, though quite annoying when your unit has it.

The inconsistency of their reported chlorine output really confuses me. We have had two people measure their chlorine output and both got numbers in-between the two "official" numbers, but neither one was all that precisely measured.

I called compupool first thing this morning and he emailed me the warranty forms immediately so I filled them in and sent it right back, so we will see how this goes. It seems from the few others that had problems, they were good in replacing their units.

I recalibrated mine to get it to properly read the salt content. It was easy. Temp reading is accurate. As stated above, you could ignore them both and just use a salt test kit. I do both anyway, I trust my drop kit more than the CPSC or the strips. I have seen wildly different results between the strips and drops by the way...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.