Hayward Goldline Aqua Rite SWG Issues

jennap22

Aug 12, 2022
Atlanta, Ga
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and also new to having a salt water pool, so please bear with me as I try to describe my dilemma.

We moved into a house last year with a 22,000 gallon salt water pool that is roughly ~10 years old. I do not know what has been upgraded/replaced before we took ownership, but in the year and a half we've lived here, we've had hardly any issues. We have tested the levels with multiple brands of strips and even have the Taylor kit.

Flash forward to now, we noticed the pool turning cloudy, and then the next day it was cloudy AND green. We tested the water and everything appeared to be balanced, and salt is within range (2800-3400). After adding about 4 pounds of shock at night and then ~80 pounds of salt in the morning, the pool cleared up tremendously, and we thought all was well, but the problem returned just days later. The display board had several glaring issues upon further inspection and now we believe this to be the primary issue.

For one, the diagnostics read as follows:
Salt 0
Temp 86
Cell voltage 30.5
Cell amperage 0
Desired output 55%
Instant salt -0
Program code AL-1
Main circuit board revision r1.40

The lights are as follows:
Power - On
Generating - *Initially comes on, but within 15 seconds or so goes off*
Super Chlorinate - Off
Remotely Controlled - Off
No Flow - Off
Check Salt - On
High Salt - Off
Inspect Cell - On
(Salt Cell is T-15)

I have done several of the tips and tricks (turning the unit off, then back to auto to recalibrate, taking apart the salt cell and rinsing in a muriatic acid solution, flipping the circuit breaker to do a hard reset), but to no avail.

I figured I'd try my luck here in case the solution was obvious to anyone but me. I'm ready to call the local pool company to check it out, but I fear they'll try to "sell" me on various unnecessary equipment and treatments.

I hope I provided enough thorough information, and if anything is left out or unclear, I'll try my best to answer. Just eager to fix it!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

TFP Wiki for this SWCG is a great resource. See the link at the bottom of this page.

LOW SALT Message & 0 Salinity, 0 Amps[edit]​

The salt cell does not have the DC voltage needed to function. The symptoms correlate to either of the following;

• Bad In-Rush Current Limiter (RZ3)
  • K1 or K2 Bad solder (most likely suspect)
  • Logic Controller failure (worse case scenario)
A replacement board should fix this issue. If you're technically inclined, you might save the existing board by inspecting the solder or by replacing the relay if determined faulty.[37]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.