New build Okla

I must say I had a surprise when I got home yesterday and it wasnt a good one. The electrician was there and he asked if Fiesta had explained to me that the electrical was on covered in the contract price from the pump to the pool. The electric work form the pump to the house was an additional charge. I said NO?!?!? Yeh so I look in my bid propasal and it says "electric included" then in another part in fine print it says that its only included from pump to pool. I WAS MAD! I called the pool company and told them how mislead we fealt. He basically said "sorry". The electrician said he runs in to this a lot with them. Im not done complaining with them. It ended up being a $425 check I had to write.

Brushpup said:
It seems that is very common. Something I am discovering in my build research anyway. Not defending it...quite the contrary. I think it's very deceptive. Shysters!

I was warned by a competitor to the company I chose that this would happen and I made them write in that all electrical was covered... but the last laugh is on me, they put the pad in a terrible place while I was out of town. I'll pay way more than $425 to hide the ************ equipment pad now!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That must be for the Designated Driver! :) Seriously, though, it looks great. I love the big tanning/lounging ledge - that's on my wish list for my pool remodel. Oh, I wanted to mention, we had to get super strict (even with ourselves) about a "no glass around the pool rule" - cans, juice boxes or plastic only. We even bought special plastic stemless wine glasses and cocktail tumblers at Target. It's just us two adults, and we had gotten a little lazy about enforcement when it was just us home alone with no guests, and a few weeks ago when we weren't even swimming DH was cleaning the pool and set down his glass for just a moment and boom - forgot it and tripped backwards over it and glass went everywhere. Thank goodness it broke on the deck and not into the pool, but I think glass in the pool is a bit of a nightmare. We even had a big glass lantern for candles on our patio furniture and a freak windstorm blew one into the pool. It broke the glass into three pieces but just on the top step so I was able to fish it out. Not sure what I would have done if it had shattered like the glass on the deck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.