Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water table

1. Back To Top    #1

Water table

I need help. I am putting in a new liner in my pool. Problem is I can't keep the deepend dry. I have a backhoe and sump pumps. I have one 10ft hole by the end of the deepend with a pump running. The pool is 8ft. How can I beat the water table.
    19k, kidney shape,1.5 HP maxflow pump, hayward sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water table

I am not an expert but here is my 2 cents. If you are trying to lower the water table more than a 1'-2' you might want to wait until the weather drys out. Or you could of course dig your 10' hole a bit deeper. The water will likely drop on its own once the spring rains pass.
    13,500gal AGP Matrix 24'
    Pentair Sanddollar SD-80 75GPM filter, Pentair Dynamo 1HP 2 speed pump
    Polaris 65 pool cleaner
    (20'x30" solar heater to be installed)

3. Back To Top    #3

I've also seen people mention digging a well near the pull and pumping the water from there, I imagine that could be costly and a mess.
    Anthony 16,000 Gallon Oval, White plaster, 30' Long 15' Wide 5 1/2' Deep end 3 1/2' shallow end.
    Pentair Intelliflo, FNS Plus 60sf. DE, Pentair Intellibrite 5G
    TF100 Testkit

4. Back To Top    #4

Yea any ideas on how to handle it. What to set the pump in etc...

5. Back To Top    #5

There are a wide range of approaches, depending on just how high the water table is and how quickly it refills after being pumped out. One approach is to wait until dry season. Sometimes you need multiple well points all the way around the pool, each with a sump pump. In extreme cases you sometimes have to install french drains all the way around the pool below the depth of the bottom of the pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Ok I mean if I pump the bottom out it will fill back up 1'6" by the next day.

7. Back To Top    #7

Where are you located? Someone with as Bobcat with a post hole auger and an extension bit could probably drill you a series of dry wells around the perimeter of the deep end in under an hour, you might then consider lining them with PVC sewer pipe, and put sump pumps in each.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~