MM1167

Dec 19, 2023
New Hampshire
We had a recent fiberglass pool install. Our patio will be done in the spring. We live in a high water table area. The pool was elevated when installed and We have a 12 inch sump pit installed. There is a sump pump that has been continuously pumping since install to a near by storm drain. The sump pit well did fill up about 3/4 of the way up during the rain storm we just had, while the pump is still running. Three questions, what do people do in the winter with their sump pumps to prevent from freezing?
Also I have read a few folks have their pumps piped underground to drainage. What if the pump fails or reaches end of life, how to you place a new pump?

Also best and most efficient pump recommendations especially where it will be used outdoors in the winter here in NH.
Any other tips tricks to divert water in a high water table area please send them

We had a recent fiberglass pool install. Our patio will be done in the spring. We live in a high water table area. The pool was elevated when installed and We have a 12 inch sump pit installed. There is a sump pump that has been continuously pumping since install to a near by storm drain. The sump pit well did fill up about 3/4 of the way up during the rain storm we just had, while the pump is still running. Three questions, what do people do in the winter with their sump pumps to prevent from freezing?
Also I have read a few folks have their pumps piped underground to drainage. What if the pump fails or reaches end of life, how to you place a new pump?

Also best and most efficient pump recommendations especially where it will be used outdoors in the winter here in NH.
Any other tips tricks to divert water in a high water table area please send them
We just had a fiberglass pool installed. I’m able to drop my pump in when needed but I’ve been leaving it the hole. I got mine at harbor freight and it’s worked very well. I’m in NC so don’t really have to worry about hard freeze. I just have a standard garden hose attached to mine and pull it away from the pool and let it drain into the yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.