Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding pool/spa scent

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding pool/spa scent

I wasn't sure where to post this, has anyone added any of the pool/spa scents to their pool? Do they cause any damage or any reason not to add them?
    15k freeform shotcrete sport pool 3.5-5-4, hayward swimclear c4030, 1.5hp hayward Northstar pump, polaris 280 with hayward booster, hayward turbo cell swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding pool/spa scent

Hi jamie1983:

I have not seen these, but my M.O. is not to add anything to the pool that is not needed. A pool that is in good shape should not have an odor of any kind. If by chance you are smelling a strong "chlorine" odor, that is an indicator of high CC's and a need to go through the Shock Process.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

No the pool smells fine, when I was younger we had a hot tub and had scents you could add. I've seen a number of pool and spa scents and was just curious.

Sorry links removed didn't know I couldn't link
    15k freeform shotcrete sport pool 3.5-5-4, hayward swimclear c4030, 1.5hp hayward Northstar pump, polaris 280 with hayward booster, hayward turbo cell swg

4. Back To Top    #4

We often add spa fragrance when using the spa. It makes it, well, a more spa like experience. I have never had any pool issues from using it. We usually use the fragrance from Home Depot.
    Mike
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter