Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone ever try the liquid solar covers....

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone ever try the liquid solar covers....

Do they seem to help at all or help keep chemicals in?

Or just a waste of money
    18x37 Vinyl Grecian (24k gals) 8' Inter fab(la mesa) Diving board w/ waterfall & Led, Pentair Laminars & Intellibrite 5g

Star Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter, IntelliPro 3HP Variable Spd Pump, Max E Therm 400k BTU,
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 & actuators,...Now looking to BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone ever try the liquid solar covers....

I think if there is absolutely no wind, they can help reduce evaporation ... add some wind and all bets are off.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I had to look that up to see what you were talking about. I'm not sure I'd want a layer of anything across the top of my pool while swimming in it. I found this review interesting:

There is much more dead little bugs, insects and particularly the household flies, on the surface of the pool. I suspect this substance kills the bugs by suffocation. The insect, upon contacting the water with Cover Free, is quickly covered by a thin layer of film which blocks its respiratory system. Usually, these insects should be able to 'stand' or park on the surface of untreated water and then fly away after having their sip.
    My wife would kill me if there were more bugs in the pool, so that would cross it off for me.
    20 x 45 ft Roman Lazy L, 28k Gallons, Vinyl, Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter (600 lb), 1.5 HP pump + Booster pump for Polaris 280, Hayward Gas Heater H300, Hayward T-15 SWCG w/ AquaRite digital controller

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is some more detailed discussion:
    liquid-solar-covers-do-they-work-t37819.html
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

So for $30, it may help a bit sounds....
    Hmmm.......
    18x37 Vinyl Grecian (24k gals) 8' Inter fab(la mesa) Diving board w/ waterfall & Led, Pentair Laminars & Intellibrite 5g

Star Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter, IntelliPro 3HP Variable Spd Pump, Max E Therm 400k BTU,
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 & actuators,...Now looking to BBB