Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to purchase test kit on this website?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to purchase test kit on this website?

I have seen that people purchase the recommended test kit somehow on this site? I need to purchase mine, can someone tell me how or who to purchase from?

Thanks! KIM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to purchase test kit on this website?

tftestkits.net is the site. There's a link to it in my sig also. great people, great service! The best test kit value bar none.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

10,000 gallons IG Freeform, 8ft raised spa,pebble finish
    FNS 60 Sqft DE Filter,2HP Whisperflow for Pool/Spa filtering
    2HP Whisperflow for Spa jets
    1HP Whisperflow for Waterfall
    Master Temp 400,000 Btu Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

DEFINITELY get a TF100 from tftestkits.NET (not com). I also recommend the speedstir which you can get for a discount when you add it along with the kit (you must add it from the kit details page). If you are going to be adding borates he also has the borate test strips.

BTW - if you are a TFP site supporter you should have a discount code for $10 off
    18,000 Gallon IG, Pebble Sheen, Quartzite coping
    Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, 2HP Silencer, 400,000 BTU Heater, Platinum Legend Cleaner
    2x IntelliFlo VS pumps - Screenlogic Interface - Stenner 45MPHP10 15 Gal Bleach Injection
    TF100 + PoolCalculator + This Site!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks!

6. Back To Top    #6

I know it might seem to be alot with the test kit, stirrer, and you will eventially want to add the borate thing to the pool......best investment in your pool you will ever make. Quick, accurate, reliable testing IS the key to a successful, fun pool experience. I don't know what I ever did before my test kit.....oh wait, yes I do, it sucked.

Bob E.

7. Back To Top    #7

Can you guys help me out with the borates? when and why would I add them? probably stupid question!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

probably stupid question!
    Not at all. Most of us consider borates an optional item that is not a mandatory part of pool water management. I think it is a great idea to get your pH, chlorine, TA, Calcium and CYA all in order and become familiar with those parameters first.

Once you are comfortable with maintaining those properly, then is a good time to consider borates......usually a month or longer after you first begin balancing and adjusting.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Sure - there is a pretty good writeup on Borates in Chem 201.

so-you-want-to-add-borates-to-your-pool-why-and-how-t4921.html

They help in a number of areas: pH buffering, scale reduction, possibly algae reduction, and most important for me is the FEEL of the water. Silky smooth in my opinion and a bit of 'sparkle' as a result of changed surface tension. You can pay a LOT to buy them in a pool store, or order a big bag of Boric Acid from a company in Texas City at a fraction of the price. I'm sure others will chime in.

I would wait until the other parameters are in balance, and at least 30 days after filling. I have added borates to my last two pools and am a huge believer, especially when not paying pool store prices!
    18,000 Gallon IG, Pebble Sheen, Quartzite coping
    Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, 2HP Silencer, 400,000 BTU Heater, Platinum Legend Cleaner
    2x IntelliFlo VS pumps - Screenlogic Interface - Stenner 45MPHP10 15 Gal Bleach Injection
    TF100 + PoolCalculator + This Site!

10. Back To Top    #10

They don't ship to Canada what is with that.
    any other alternatives? Or stores that would have it in Canada?
    20,000 gl inground vinyl, Hayward sand filter, Hayward aquarite SWG, 1 hp Janby pump, Hayward gas heater, regular test strips

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Clear blue wishes View Post
    They don't ship to Canada what is with that.
    Taylor, the company that manufactures the chemicals used in the kits, won't allow them to due to an exclusive distributor agreement. That is what is with that.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits