Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Under construction in McKinney Tx (Complete)

1. Back To Top    #1

Under construction in McKinney Tx (Complete)

Dig starts today, too bad I need to be in a meeting at noon.

McKinney, TX
    Pool build in progress, 14.8K gallons, OK flagstone copping (sealed), IG Gunite/Pebblesheen (Blue Granite), Pentair intelliflow 3050 vs - svrs, Pentair IC20 Salt-Gen, 60 sq ft Pentair DE filter, 400k BTU Pentair (NG) heater, Polaris 280 with Booster, Dual Time Clocks with freeze protect feature, Pool (1) 500w (1) 100W Spa (1) 100w lights, (2) Skimmers, 4 Pool Returns, 6 Spa Jets, water features incl (3) 12 scuppers on 12 x 31 raised beam, (2) Gushers on tanning ledge, and double cut spa spillway. controlled by easytouch 8
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...t56120-40.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Under construction in McKinney Tx

I'm glad we get along with the neighbors.

No treasures found yet also no rock so bitter sweat.

McKinney, TX
    Pool build in progress, 14.8K gallons, OK flagstone copping (sealed), IG Gunite/Pebblesheen (Blue Granite), Pentair intelliflow 3050 vs - svrs, Pentair IC20 Salt-Gen, 60 sq ft Pentair DE filter, 400k BTU Pentair (NG) heater, Polaris 280 with Booster, Dual Time Clocks with freeze protect feature, Pool (1) 500w (1) 100W Spa (1) 100w lights, (2) Skimmers, 4 Pool Returns, 6 Spa Jets, water features incl (3) 12 scuppers on 12 x 31 raised beam, (2) Gushers on tanning ledge, and double cut spa spillway. controlled by easytouch 8

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking good. How deep is your pool? I am stressing as usual over every decision I make... is it right... etc.

we are doing 3.5 to 6.5 with quite a bit shallow area to say 4.5 for volleyball. I hope it works out like I want since that is the whole reason I chose this pool shape! Oh geeze... the stress of it all.

Thanks! KIM

4. Back To Top    #4

Our pool depth is 3.5' 4.5' and 6' My wife wanted the volleyball and I wanted the deep end WE have it setup so we can do both, but not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Texgirl
    Looking good. How deep is your pool? I am stressing as usual over every decision I make... is it right... etc.

we are doing 3.5 to 6.5 with quite a bit shallow area to say 4.5 for volleyball. I hope it works out like I want since that is the whole reason I chose this pool shape! Oh geeze... the stress of it all.

Thanks! KIM
    McKinney, TX

5. Back To Top    #5

How funny, that is what I tried to do too! Trying to get the best of both worlds. Hope it works out for both of us. Your is alot like mine in that you have that area that curves off for the deep end.. I did the same thing. I went to 6.5 because of my little boy as he grows I was so afraid of diving even though I will say no, I know they will a little, so wanted a fairly deep end for lots of jumping etc.!

I am so stressed about this whole thing, I so hope it turns out the way I planned because I have put hours and days into these decisions!

I'll post a pic so you can see how much they are alike!

Thanks a bunch.. kim
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

Rebar is in, but it looks like inspection wont happen till Monday. Bummer!

McKinney, TX

7. Back To Top    #7

waiting for Monday's inspection.

McKinney, TX

8. Back To Top    #8

Love your dog! Great picture! We are 3/4 gunited... truck broke and they have to come back tomorrow morning....

When do you get to Gunite?

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks We love her too. She's an 8 month old fox red lab

We'll get gunite Monday or Tuesday, depending on inspection. They were ready on Friday, but the HOA never sent the final papers for the inspector.

Quote Originally Posted by Texgirl
    Love your dog! Great picture! We are 3/4 gunited... truck broke and they have to come back tomorrow morning....

When do you get to Gunite?
    McKinney, TX

10. Back To Top    #10

Not too excited about pool being filled this early.

Hopefully they'll get the inspection tomorrow and get gunite in.

McKinney, TX

11. Back To Top    #11

Just a quick question..... I am at work and can't see your pics so this may already be answered. Do you have the two main drain set up or some other anti-entrapment device??? If so the SVRS on the intelliflow is not needed and can save a few bucks. I would also add that with the pool /spa combo and the SWG and VS pump for a little more now you could get the automation and not kick yourself in a few years for not starting out with it!!!
    Brent and Lisa
    23,000 gal IG plaster pool with 750gal attached hot tub
    60 sqFt DE filter Hayward EcoStar VS pump Hayward PS-4 Automation T-15 Turbo Cell.

12. Back To Top    #12

BHal235, thanks

Yes I have the 2 main drains, but the connect into one return line. I'll have to look into the SVRS savings.

I have easytouch 4 being installed.

Quote Originally Posted by BHall235
    Just a quick question..... I am at work and can't see your pics so this may already be answered. Do you have the two main drain set up or some other anti-entrapment device??? If so the SVRS on the intelliflow is not needed and can save a few bucks. I would also add that with the pool /spa combo and the SWG and VS pump for a little more now you could get the automation and not kick yourself in a few years for not starting out with it!!!
    McKinney, TX

13. Back To Top    #13

Anti-entrapment plumbing is the code here in TX, so I would ditch the SVRS intelliflow and go with the new std intelliflow 018 model.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

14. Back To Top    #14

Would you mind sharing who your PB is? I am also in McKinney and we are just getting started in the process.
    IG/Gunite with Quartz interior; 16,400 gallons; 3'6"x6' depth; OK flag coping; Sun Deck decking; tanning bed w/2 gushers; spa with double cut spillway; Pentair Intelliflo 3050 vs+svrs; Pentair 400K NG heater; Nature 2 Fusion sanitation; 60 sq ft DE filter; pentair easy touch 4 wireless; polaris cleaner; 1-500 watt pool light & 1-100 watt spa light; 23' waterline boulders with weeping wall.

15. Back To Top    #15

Ok I just saw the 2 time clock and know that I am switching out to Automation in the next few weeks. Its a little bit of a savings when done up front!!!

Looks GREAT you will have a blast!!
    Brent and Lisa
    23,000 gal IG plaster pool with 750gal attached hot tub
    60 sqFt DE filter Hayward EcoStar VS pump Hayward PS-4 Automation T-15 Turbo Cell.

16. Back To Top    #16

I know its easy to spend other peoples money... but you might want to just install an Easytouch 8, if the difference isn't too much. With my pool / spa / waterfall pool the Easytouch 4's relays were all used up. Since I planned on adding things in the future, like low voltage landscape lights, Gazebo, BBQ island, I added the extra four relays with the Easytouch 8. Now I have a few to spare.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Killer95Stang
    I know its easy to spend other peoples money... but you might want to just install an Easytouch 8, if the difference isn't too much. With my pool / spa / waterfall pool the Easytouch 4's relays were all used up. Since I planned on adding things in the future, like low voltage landscape lights, Gazebo, BBQ island, I added the extra four relays with the Easytouch 8. Now I have a few to spare.
    He's right about that! Easier and cheaper to do it now. You may not think you need them now, but you will.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

18. Back To Top    #18

Thanks for the feed back. I'll look into the up grade to the easy touch 8.
    McKinney, TX

19. Back To Top    #19

TxALH,

We decided to go with Foley's We talked with Southernwind, Hobert, Artesian and a couple other phone discussions. We have a couple of friends in our neighbor hood who had their pools built by Foley's and we really like Rick Foley the sales person we dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by TxALH
    Would you mind sharing who your PB is? I am also in McKinney and we are just getting started in the process.
    McKinney, TX

20. Back To Top    #20

Thanks! We just met with Foley yesterday and he is putting a quote together for us -- will have it on Saturday. We have had many good recommendations for Foley from neighbors.
    IG/Gunite with Quartz interior; 16,400 gallons; 3'6"x6' depth; OK flag coping; Sun Deck decking; tanning bed w/2 gushers; spa with double cut spillway; Pentair Intelliflo 3050 vs+svrs; Pentair 400K NG heater; Nature 2 Fusion sanitation; 60 sq ft DE filter; pentair easy touch 4 wireless; polaris cleaner; 1-500 watt pool light & 1-100 watt spa light; 23' waterline boulders with weeping wall.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast