Bad install of primera stone, can this be fixed???

roxygrlj

Oct 12, 2023
Gilbert AZ
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I had Primera stone installed yesterday and polished today and it looks terrible!! There are spots that have chucks missing, spots that are extra thick, tiles are covered, no straight lines, this list goes on. The Pool company I hired is meeting with the subcontractor to discuss tomorrow and they say they’ll fix it but I am concerned that it’s never gonna look good. This is an extremely expensive upgrade for us and I just can’t believe how bad it looks. Has anyone had an experience with a poor interior service and had a successful fixing?

Attachments

• IMG_8379.jpeg
    IMG_8379.jpeg
    613 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8378.jpeg
    IMG_8378.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8375.jpeg
    IMG_8375.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8381.jpeg
    IMG_8381.jpeg
    634.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8384.jpeg
    IMG_8384.jpeg
    847.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8385.jpeg
    IMG_8385.jpeg
    734 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8386.jpeg
    IMG_8386.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8382.jpeg
    IMG_8382.jpeg
    578.8 KB · Views: 58
A majority of the issues appear to be poor craftsmanship. There should not be splatter on the waterline tiles or gunk up in the corners. Some of that can be fixed. they should use 100 grit sandpaper to remove it by hand.
When I had Primera Stone installed, they informed me that toe tiles would not work very well because of how it is installed and polished so I had them removed all the tiles on the steps. This was a replaster so they were removing the old plaster anyway and they just scraped away the toe tiles with it.
Did you check to determine if the installer was an approved installer by Wet Edge? You can call or go on the Wet Edge website to see the approved installers. That way you can make a warranty claim if you are not satisfied.

Holy smokes, that really looks terrible. I hate to tell ya that. We are scheduled to have primera stone installed in a few months. Who installed this?
My PB said they use the subs that are actually part of wet edge. I figured they were all like this, but this install has me terrified.
It’s hard to fix major issues like this, man I hate to see this. Keep us updated.

A majority of the issues appear to be poor craftsmanship. There should not be splatter on the waterline tiles or gunk up in the corners. Some of that can be fixed. they should use 100 grit sandpaper to remove it by hand.
When I had Primera Stone installed, they informed me that toe tiles would not work very well because of how it is installed and polished so I had them removed all the tiles on the steps. This was a replaster so they were removing the old plaster anyway and they just scraped away the toe tiles with it.
Did you check to determine if the installer was an approved installer by Wet Edge? You can call or go on the Wet Edge website to see the approved installers. That way you can make a warranty claim if you are not satisfied.
Thank you. Yes I found them on wet edges site.

Thank you. Yes I found them on wet edges site.
Then I would make a report directly to Wet Edge. They need to know how these subs are performing. Your PB is responsible to repair it but Wet Edge is responsible for the brand, and they need to be involved.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.