Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dissolving cya

1. Back To Top    #1

Dissolving cya

I was just wondering if could dissolve cya in a 5 gal. bucket of hot water and then pour in pool.
    Has anybody tried this or maybe its not a good idea. Just thinking!! Ouch
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dissolving cya

As opposed to the sock method? Why? Are you thinking giant pool, mass amounts of CYA powder?
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

3. Back To Top    #3

CYA won't dissolve any faster in a bucket and will not dissolve completely in that bucket anyway since it will saturate that small volume of water. If you have to increase the CYA quickly (and I don't know why that would be necessary), you can buy Natural Chemistry® Instant Pool Water Conditioner though that is about twice as expensive. That product is a slurry of sodium cyanurate so mixes with pool water almost instantly.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

That bucket thing doesn't work. I tried it before I knew about this website, does not work at all. The sock in front of a return method is the way to go.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

The sock in front the the return works. Shake/squeeze sock couple times a day seems to speed things up.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks guys. That's what I thought. Just wanted to see what anybody thought.
    Sorry y_ not if it was a stupid question. Try harder next time.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk
    Thanks guys. That's what I thought. Just wanted to see what anybody thought.
    Sorry y_ not if it was a stupid question. Try harder next time.
    There are never any stupid questions. The only stupid question is the one not yet asked.
    So keep thinking and ask away!!

Sorry if my question(s) seemed off.
    I was just curious as to your reasoning; idea behind the bucket, problems with the sock method maybe, what inspired this idea, etc...
    Simply my own curiosity piqued by your curiosity.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D