fjzsocal

Jun 7, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm trying to use my Polaris 360 to dissolve CYA. I just poured some granules into the leaf bag and I'm hoping the flow through the bag will help dissolve it.

Wanted ask if this is a bad idea for any reason.

Putting the stabilizer in a sock suspended in front of a return or in a skimmer basket will get better results.

Wanted ask if this is a bad idea for any reason.
Stabilizer is of course acidic, so if the Polaris stopped for any reason you'd have those acidic granules sitting in the cleaner. I've gotten into the habit of filling a tube sock and simply letting it sit in the skimmer just to get soft and mushy for about 30 minutes. I used to hang it from the side of the pool with a stick so it doesn't rest against the side of the pool (wall), but dropping it in the skimmer basket is easier for me. It just needs about 30 min to get mushy. Then I take my sock over to the returns jets and start squeezing. I have an entire sock emptied in about 5 minutes tops. Very easy.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I use skimmer socks and tie them to a bamboo plant stake and hang them in my skimmer (better water flow instead of just letting them sit in the basket). Go out and squeeze them every now and then. Took two or three hours when I did it the other day with 60 degree water. I let my pump run about 24 hours to get a good mix.