Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anchor Socket High Impact

1. Back To Top    #1

Anchor Socket High Impact

I am going through my pool kit making sure everything is here. One item is an Anchor Socket High Impact. Below is a picture. What specifically is this for?

DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anchor Socket High Impact

Typically a ladder or hand rail. The socket gets mounted in the deck, typically with concrete poured around it. If the ladder/handrail is metal the socked also gets bonded (before concrete). Then you loosen the nut, insert the rail or ladder, then tighten the nut back down to secure the handrail/ladder.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Anchor Socket High Impact

Thanks, thats kind of what I thought but I was thinking there would be 2.

Also, I am doing cantilever coping with some type of paver cantilevered over, how would this mount? That part is going to be interesting!
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG