Lower temp without raising TA

Spiccolli said:
My numbers are all right where I want them, but the water is seriously warm. I have an aerator, but I don't want to lower my TA any more than it already is. What can I do? Thanks for any advice!!

I've read here that running a fountain or aeration device *at night* works well. I use one at times in the daytime so I can't attest to the nighttime but it sounds reasonable.

Just keep an eye on your pH and TA but those are both easy to maintain or tweak if it came down to it.

I can vouch for the effectiveness of running a fountain or other aeration device at night. On the advice of a friend, I began running the pump at night from mid-July until around Labor Day of last year. The aeration from the overflow waterfall from the spa to the pool provided enough of a cooling effect to lower the water temp about 4-5 degrees - not a lot, but noticeable. Plus, some electric utilities offer off-peak rates. That might be worth checking into in your area.

I have recently started this process again this year. As previous posters stated, pH and TA are relatively easy to manage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.