Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Saw this thread and was curious.
Hotrod30 asked "Is it worth it to add salt to a pool with borates added?"
Didn't see an answer so I was wondering what do you all think?
Thanks.

Re: Can you add salt....

I have both in my pool. Borates added last year, then added salt this winter when I installed the SWG. Borates improved water feel, salt improved it further. It's just getting to be the first swim season with the salt in, I'll get some opinions tonight. We both love it.

Re: Can you add salt....

Last year we added borates to the pool per TFP instructions and really liked it.
This year we had some pockets of algae on the pool bottom, but did not have the green water as in previous years, like when we opened it in June last year when the hot weather was already here.
This weekend we added 4 bags of 40# Morton Solar salt. The kids stirred it up and it dissolved in less than an hour. Today the water feels nice, warm, soft, and looks sparkly. Not sure if the salt had anything to do with it, but I know following BBB guidelines had everything to do with it.

Thanks to everyone at TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.