Atlanta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
My electrician wired my new Aqua Rite chlorine generator yesterday. There is power to the unit but no lights come on. The fuse is not blown. I do think it is wired incorrectly as the electrician wired it direct to a new breaker and not through the timer. Still, I would think that the unit should at the very least light up. Is it possible to burn the unit out? Would't the fuse prevent that from happening?

Make sure the AquaRite is configured for the same voltage that it is being supplied. The AquaRite can be setup for either 120 or 240 volts. If configured for 240 and supplied with 120 it can sometimes look lifeless.

It is wired for 240. There is a red and black wire on both sides of a double 20 amp breaker. When I put tester on one side of breaker and to ground I get 120. Same on 2nd side of breaker. Same on terminals at unit.

Based on the exchange you had with JasonLion and your response the main circuit board has failed. This is highly unusual but not impossible. If your control box is new it should have a 3 year warranty. The first year covers parts and labor. I would recommend that you contact Hayward/Goldline to determine who can handle the warranty in your area. Their toll free phone number is (888) 921-7665.

Best of Luck.

Jim Garrison
The Guru of Pools

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.