Salt Water generator going on and off

crazza

Nov 29, 2023
connecticut
This is a copy of an old thread but mine generator is doing the same thing. Looking for a solution?

My Hayward Aqua Rite is cycling on and off. My Diagnostic Display for Cell Voltage seems to be an issue. It will rise to about 19.6 and at that point the unit powers off. It drops to .9 then rises to 17 before the unit powers back on. It hits 19.6 and turns off. I found this YouTube video that shows what is happening. This is not me but someone else with the same problem.

Chlorine generator issue - YouTube

Any help would be appreciated. The unit was purchased in Feb 2012. It has the original cell. The software version is 1.58. Cell type is T-15. My cell current is reading zero which is assume is not good. My water temp is also not reading correctly. It says 34 and it's much hotter than that.

Thanks,
Craig

This is a copy of an old thread but mine generator is doing the same thing. Looking for a solution?

My Hayward Aqua Rite is cycling on and off. My Diagnostic Display for Cell Voltage seems to be an issue. It will rise to about 19.6 and at that point the unit powers off. It drops to .9 then rises to 17 before the unit powers back on. It hits 19.6 and turns off. I found this YouTube video that shows what is happening. This is not me but someone else with the same problem.

Chlorine generator issue - YouTube

Any help would be appreciated. The unit was purchased in Feb 2012. It has the original cell. The software version is 1.58. Cell type is T-15. My cell current is reading zero which is assume is not good. My water temp is also not reading correctly. It says 34 and it's much hotter than that.

Thanks,
Craig
An 11-year old cell needs replacing. That's where to start. They are usually good for 3 - 5 years max. Water temperature is also read in the cell. With the night-time temperatures you've been experiencing, your water may not be much above 34 degrees unless you have been running a heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.