LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I haven't added any chlorine since I shocked it with super shock about 2 weeks ago before finding TFP and starting the process of going to the BBB method, I started reading pool school, found out my CYA was high (140-160) drained a BUNCH of water a few times and replaced with pretty good well water and finally got my CYA down to 40-50ppm (need to adjust PH and TA a bit now) but I find my FC levels are NOT dropping as fast as I would have thought...still within range and I can only think due to very moderate weather so far,(cloudy,rainy lately),no bather load yet.. Is it possible my CYA levels were so high for so long and my FC levels were so high for quite a while that it just has nothing in the water substantial enough to kill/sanitize to drop the levels down? Or am I missing something here ??

3-days ago it was FC-10 then yesterday 8.5-9 and again tonight 8.5-9 ?? Its not that its a bad thing, I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something here and its just the conditions I'm mentioned above hopefully ?? Pool is crystal Clear....

PH-7.8
FC-8.5-9
CC-0
TA-150
CH-220
CYA- 40-50
Temp-73-74

Sounds like your water is clean and there is nothing consuming the FC :goodjob:

FC is a little high, although well below shock level and certainly safe to swim in.

As you said, I would just lower the pH and TA a bit and you are good to go. If the pH seems to keep drifting up, follow Lowering Total Alkalinity to help hold the pH down.

Nice work!!!

jblizzle said:
Sounds like your water is clean and there is nothing consuming the FC :goodjob:

FC is a little high, although well below shock level and certainly safe to swim in.

As you said, I would just lower the pH and TA a bit and you are good to go. If the pH seems to keep drifting up, follow Lowering Total Alkalinity to help hold the pH down.

Nice work!!!

Awesome, GREAT to hear :party: Thanks Jason, I will be lowering the PH soon and then raise it back up with aeration and hopefully drop down the TA as well :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.