Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Minimax HP 400 ; T-Stat wont run!

1. Back To Top    #1

Minimax HP 400 ; T-Stat wont run!

Hey Mates
    First of all, sorry for my bad English, I came from Germany.
    I've got a big problem with my Minimax HP 400.

All control Lamps :Control, Pool, Water Press. Ok are blinking.

But the T-Stat Lamp wont blink. Did the Thermostat crashed?
    The Unit didnt run at once ..

What can i do to fix my Heater?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Minimax HP 400 ; T-Stat wont run!

Mine did that once. I just killed all the circuit breakers on the pool panel for about ten minutes then turned them all back on and it reset itself. Hopefully you'll get as lucky..
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks

Can you describe the " I just killed all the circuit breakers on the pool panel for about ten minutes then turned them all back on and it reset itself." part more nearlier?

My fault at the beginning was, I thought that the plug from the TB2 was the power supply (there was written PO, I thought this means POWER) and connected the power supply on this. So i destroyed the Potentiometer. I hope that I doenst destroyed the circuit board too. But the board doesnt give a smell!!

I just connected the both black cables from the Potentiometer together, so the Thermostat is running on full power, am i right?

Please correct me when iam wrong with one of these statesment, it very important for me!

4. Back To Top    #4

My panel has circuit breakers instead of fuses. So I just turned them all off.

I haven't gone nay deeper than that troubleshooting my heater, so I'm no more help to you.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, my Heater got this curcuit breakers too.
    So you turned all of them 10 minutes off and then the t-stat worked again fine?
    How did u turned them off?

Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by onehitopfa
    Yes, my Heater got this curcuit breakers too.
    So you turned all of them 10 minutes off and then the t-stat worked again fine?
    How did u turned them off?

Thanks.
    They look like light switches mounted sideways. I just pushed them the other direction. There's no way to say it without being insulting, but if you don't know how to turn off a circuit breaker, you probably shouldn't be messing with electrical stuff.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks

Can you describe the " I just killed all the circuit breakers on the pool panel for about ten minutes then turned them all back on and it reset itself." part more nearlier?
    This means to remove power for a while, then re-apply power. In this case, the power was turned off by switching the mains switch off, then back on.

My fault at the beginning was, I thought that the plug from the TB2 was the power supply (there was written PO, I thought this means POWER) and connected the power supply on this. So i destroyed the Potentiometer. I hope that I doenst destroyed the circuit board too. But the board doesnt give a smell!!

I just connected the both black cables from the Potentiometer together, so the Thermostat is running on full power, am i right?
    I do not know enough to assist with this part. Have you contacted the manufacturer?
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

8. Back To Top    #8

Hey.

Yesterday, an electrican was here. He just testet all the components and he said, the Potentiometer is crashed hard!

The whole plantine is black and smell very hard.
    My question is now, how mutch ohm (?) and Watt {n} the Potentiometer got?

I would buy a new one in Germany, cause the original Potentiometer cost about 55$ incl. Shipping to Germany.

In Germany normally the poti's cost about 3-5$.

I hope u can help me.

9. Back To Top    #9

Hey!
    Today is recieved my new Circuit Board and Potentiometer!
    All Control Lamps are running, and when I start the Machine, all the LED's are blinking and the Fan is running, but nothing else!
    The machine doesnt give any other noises!
    I read that afer 90 Seconds the compressor should be running, but this didn't happend to me!
    And after about 5min, the whole Machine is shutting down and my circuit breaker trips is shutting down too!
    Iam running the Minimax in the spa mode, but in the pool mode, exaclty same things are happen!

Can you tell me what the Problem is right now?