Problem with Polaris Caretaker

rob7

Apr 16, 2012
Hi, guys. New to the forum. But I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and information available. I'm in the Tucson area. I had the pool built in 2007, and I am doing my best to learn how to handle as much as possible myself.

I have an issue and I've searched through the forum a bit to try and find the solution before posting. I got some ideas but still wanted to double check to choose the right solution. I have the Polaris Caretaker 5-port in-floor cleaner. I had some problems last year with the cycling of the pop-ups. It would get stuck in one section-not cycle. I cleaned the valves and the filter and that would fix it for a bit. But this year I can't get it to cycle. It keeps getting stuck in one section. And some of the pop-ups that come up now aren't in the 'regular' cycle....like a couple from this usual section and a couple from the next section in the cycle are up. I was wondering if maybe some of the gears are stripped. I haven't disassembled the valve....thought I'd get some ideas first. Maybe a rebuild kit would fix it?

Apologies upfront for novice mistakes in posting or vocab. I'll get the hang of it....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi, Rob,

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Your post is in the right spot and your "lingo" is perfect!! Sorry I can't be of help.....I have no knowledge of them other than to say, sadly, in-floor cleaners seem to be somewhat troublesome across the board.

agreed with Mitchell. Haven't had to rebuild my caretaker at my new pool, but had my A&A rebuilt with a kit and worked very well (and still does after 7 years). It's basically just the internal gears that start going bad over time and don't allow one or more zones to close so that the next can open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.