Convert Caretaker Lines to Return Lines

TBThePoolBoy

In The Industry
Oct 18, 2021
Kansas city
Hello everyone. I’m remodeling a pool that has an old caretaker system. It consist of 2 8 port systems. One has multiple lines that don’t hold pressure but on is in good shape. I would like to turn the one good caretaker system into just pool returns and putting floor returns on them at the pool. I don’t want the system to swap between zone though. What part of the caretaker needs to be removed to get flow to all lines at once?

Are you replacing the cleaning heads with something else?

There is the cleaner manifold that looks like a dome which switches the zones and can either be removed or modified (remove internal valve components) to distribute the flow to all the zones at once.

3225-39.jpg

Yes. The cleaning heads will be switched to floor returns like you would use on an infinity edge. Which this pool had as well. If I read your reply correctly I should be able to remove internal components of caretaker and water will distribute through all plumbing. No more zones

Does the caretaker manifold look like the picture I posted? If so, I believe you can remove all of the parts under #5 below except #1 o-ring,

Jandy-Caretaker-Water-Valve--Part-Schematic

Are the pipes leaking or something else?
The pipes for one set of caretaker passed pressure testing with air and water. The second set is going to be able to be used now by attaching plumbing from where the 2 inch lines no longer leak. Definitely helps because all new lines will have to be cored through cement in and out for to get to the equipment room. I may still get of the second caretaker manifold (not sure if correct terminology ) and use the 2 inch lines they converted to that ready is ran under concrete and pavers. I will have to core through wall but the flow will be better to the spa. The whole spa has to be replumbed so helpful. Here are some pics of the brain teasers I get to solve.

Attachments

• IMG_2922.jpeg
    IMG_2922.jpeg
    754.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2895.jpeg
    IMG_2895.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2885.jpeg
    IMG_2885.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2873.jpeg
    IMG_2873.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2882.jpeg
    IMG_2882.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2883.jpeg
    IMG_2883.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2863.jpeg
    IMG_2863.jpeg
    546 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2752.jpeg
    IMG_2752.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2892.jpeg
    IMG_2892.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2889.jpeg
    IMG_2889.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.