Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good online source for pool umbrellas

1. Back To Top    #1

Good online source for pool umbrellas

I need to order a couple of new shade umbrellas for use in and around the pool. A buddy had told me of a good on-line store for them but I can't remember what it was. Anybody have a good source?

Thanks!
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2

I got mine @ Costco, in store-not online. Aluminum pole with Sunbrella fabric and only around $100!!! This is it's 3rd year and it still looks great. We only take it out of the pool Nov-Feb. Nevermind that it's sitting crooked, this picture was taken before we added a peice of pvc to make the pole a bit wider in the sleeve. Costco carries them feb-may here in So CA. I saw them a couple of weeks ago and I'm thinking of getting one more.

~Debbie~

28k, 22'x37' freeform 3.5'-9'deep
    w/ 7.5' freeform spa raised 18" above pool, Gunite/dark gray plaster, 3 rivers flagstone,
    Aquarite SWCG, Aqualogic ps8, Frog, Colorlogic LED lights.
    Completed 2/06, in Sunny So Cal!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Got a favorite sports team? We sell them with your team colors and logo. 149.99
    It's a wooden pole but I've found it to hold up better than the aluminum ones.

College, NFL and some baseball.

http://www.surmanpoolandspa.com/lite47/ ... 8&DID=1271
    Authorized IntelliFlo Installer

4. Back To Top    #4

Be careful using a wood pole in a sleeve in the water, it'll swell and get stuck.
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

5. Back To Top    #5
    EP,
    This is where I got mine last year - http://mjjsales.com/. Lots and lots of choices and quick on the shipping. The only down side is that I bought the green market umbrella and it faded pretty bad, but the umbrella itself is still in great shape, so maybe a beige might be better.

Karen
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

6. Back To Top    #6

If you have a Garden Ridge close by they are a good bet. I bought three market umbrellas there last year for $40 each. Great umbrellas. We bought dark blue and they have faded to medium blue. Now we take them down and put them on the covered patio each evening after a day in the sun.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I got two very good bargains at http://www.patioumbrellas.com. Cruise the clearance section now and then for some good deals. I got two 9 foot, tilting umbrellas for under $100 each with free delivery.
    15,323 gallon inground pool, Wetedge Primera Stone plaster, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, Pentair IntelliFlo 4x160 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch control panel, Pentair Kreepy Krauly. No spa, no heater.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Not on-line, but, we buy 9' market umbrellas (w/pully) from our local grocery stores like Kroger, Bi-Lo & Piggly Wiggly. They sell them as 'loss leaders' to bring in the traffic. We have 4 umbrellas and all were about $40 each. As you folks have said, the darker colors fade. We have started buying beige, too.

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Oh and hey...I forgot to mention the one I saw at Bed, Bath & Beyond! It's a 9ft offset market for $99! And it's beige too!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... 470&RN=858
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers