naturalcurrent savior - does anyone here have one?

If your reason for getting this is to save money I don't see it paying for it's self.

Let's compare this with an intex 1650 gph sand fitter for $150.

The intex filter will out pump/filter this solar filter even if the solar filter is running in optimum conditions and performing as rated/advertised.

Let's assume you pay a high top tier electric rate as I do in California at 0.30 cents a kWh. With this solar pump/filter you have just pre-paid for 1500 kWh with the additional $450 in the purchase price.

The intex 1650 uses 300 watts an hour. Assuming you run it 7 hours a day to filter the advertised 11000 gal per day capacity of the solar pump/filter you could run the intex filter for 750 days on that $450. Let's say your swim season is 5 months. That's 5 years of pumping just to break even with the intex 1650 gph 300 watt pump/filter.

Lots of assumptions in my math but no mater how you equate it this solar pump/filter will not give you the performance or value of even the realitively ineffectint intex pump/filter.

The amount of "work" that pump can produce from that amount of solar panels would be virtually pointless in a pool of any size.

BBBeliever's math is very optimistic in favor of the solar pump in that they almost NEVER produce what they advertise.

Buy yourself a 2-speed pump and you'll get your money back but I don't think you ever will with solar power.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.