Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Northeast Build

1. Back To Top    #1

Northeast Build

I'm the Mayor and i now have a pool problem. Since being out voted by the family I was thrown into the mix and had to get up to speed. Thanks for all the great information!

22,000 Gallon Custom Gunite Pool, Raised Beam Wall, 6ft SD Waterfall, Pebbletec finish, Pentair Intelliflow VS+SVRS Variable Speed Pump, Sta-Rite Media Filter, Pentair Intellichlor, Pentair Booster Pump for Pentair Kreepy Krauly, Pentair LED Light with control, Pentair Suntouch, Solar Industries Panels.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Northeast Build

I don't see any skimmers. Why?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    I don't see any skimmers. Why?

Scott
    I do...2nd picture from the bottom, to the right of the pool light fixture or are my eyes playin' tricks on me
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

We have two skimmers and one light.
    22,000 Gallon Custom Gunite Pool, Raised Beam Wall, 6ft SD Waterfall, Pebbletec finish, Pentair Intelliflow VS+SVRS Variable Speed Pump, Sta-Rite Media Filter, Pentair Intellichlor, Pentair Booster Pump for Pentair Kreepy Krauly, Pentair LED Light with control, Pentair Suntouch, Solar Industries Panels.

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like they're in opposite end of the pool. How many returns do you have?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

We have 6 returns on the sidewalls not counting the waterfall.

7. Back To Top    #7

The pool is just under 600 sqf with a depth range from 3 1/2ft to 8th. We have a shear 6ft wide waterfall on extended wall (14ft wide x 18in high).

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice pool! Be sure to update us. Love a deep end pool. Its going to be very nice indeed.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

9. Back To Top    #9

Great looking pool. Who is your PB?
    29' x 30' in-ground gunite, 20k gallons, superblue quartz finish
    IntelliChlor Salt Chlorinator
    IntelliPro VS+SVRS Variable Speed Pump (3hp)
    Pentair System 3 Cartridge filter (S8M500)
    2 skimmers, 3 wall returns, 3 floor returns, 2 drains
    StaRite Max E-Therm 400k BTU gas heater
    2 Deck jets
    SR Smith Turbo Twister slide

10. Back To Top    #10

Looks great, I really like those 2 steps in the deep end, no doubt this will look amazing when completed.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks for the kind words!

My wife and I grew up with pools and having a little guy that wants to snorkel / scuba in the hot tub pushed us to get one. We both really enjoy diving and thought it would help speed up the learning curve for the 3 year old who can bang out many of the skills with ease.

Looks like they are going to drop some pipe this Monday and then the solar goes in right behind them. Will have to get some pictures as we go along!

12. Back To Top    #12

Just a little behind on the updates....

13. Back To Top    #13

A few more updates....

I do have one question. We have a wet spot just under the deep end step out (last picture). The builder really does not think it's an issue but will talk to the pebble fina guys before they shoot next week. Is this normal? what issues might I have?

14. Back To Top    #14

Few more updated photos with the Bella blue fina.

15. Back To Top    #15

How do you like the pebble fina - Bella blue. is the surface of your pool even in color or do you see splotches, streaks and mottling?

16. Back To Top    #16

In the Industry

Looks cool, are you getting a safety cover?
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

17. Back To Top    #17

Just to update we had issues with the Bella Blue from pebble tec. The color was not even and had white streaks running through much of the pool. Pebble tech had a few guys fly in and meet with me, the installer, and PB. They refinished the pool 2 weeks ago and my installer and PB up graded us to the pebble tec free of charge. Even though the process was dragged into this year everyone stood behind the project and made us happy. Will try and get some pictures posted as soon as I can.

No safety cover for us. As a technical dive master I have my little guy trained well. He is becoming very acomplished in the water and we are always by his side. I do thank you for the recomdation with the play area being inside the pool area. My yard is sloped and I had little choice on location.