Free Intex saltwater system ( Now $50 )

Re: Free Intex saltwater system

A big thank-you to BBBliever for pointing out this deal. I had been thinking of pulling the trigger on a SWG for some time.

Jumped on this deal, received a $50 gift card and sold the pump on craigslist for $100 on the first day I listed it!

Thank-you

Britman, you are certainly welcome. Let us know how the filter works for your pool. I want to upsize to your pool next season. I'm currious how long you will have to run it.

Upon my initial start up I added 2 cups of DE. I think it might have been a bit too much. Today I backwashed for the first time after 5 days of filtering. Certainly beter than the hassle of the intex cartridges. Tonight I added 1 cup of DE, I'll see how that does.

I bought 2 of these bundles. Sold 1 filter on CL for $120. That brought the price for the filter and 2 SWCG to $120 for me. BBBargain.

The Ultra 16x48 came with the 635 1500 GPH pump, I was surprised at how well the pump actually moved the water except for air locking with the cheapo skimmer, which I usually had disconnected to get better flow. I set the pool up on July 1 and only vaccummed once after a wind storm. However, I'm looking forward to not having to purchase those horrible filters and getting much better flow and filtering.......we'll see how it does but inital signs from the movement of the water are good.

:party:

Yeah! Got an email that my new sand/swg from WM is ready for pick up today! Thanks to BBBliever, crookm11, frogabog, kenmar, and richard 320 for all your great ideas. Will post some pics when the system is all set and smiling for a pose. How do you convert the e-gift card to a store card?

Thanks again my friends!
Julie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Finally got around to installing the sand filter/pump combo and my first impression is that there is no way it is only moving 100 gph more than my old 1500 gph Intex pump. The difference was like night and day. Vacuuming was so much faster and easier. How can two pumps from the same manufacturer with similar gph numbers be so different? I can't imagine how much water the larger pump would move since it has a 0.95 hp compared to this 1/2 hp pump.

My plan has been to sell the SWG, but now I'm having second thoughts since my SWG is getting some age on it. Will most likely sell it anyway since they are bringing a decent price on ebay.

Picked up my Intex SWG/sand filter for Walmart on Friday, but still haven't installed it yet. Still have to read the directions to find out what kind of salt and sand to use. Also waiting for Leo to build a small platform to set the filter on and we probably need a dedicated electrical outlet since we are using an extension cord for the pump we current use. Seems I keep putting $$ into the pool for the small size of it but it's worth it in the long run. I'm in it myself every day if it's not raining and the kids love it. Looking forward to having the new system set up so I don't have to do so much pool cleaning after a rain.

How difficult is the hose set up ... I have a feeling I'll be doing it myself.

JulieLeo said:
Picked up my Intex SWG/sand filter for Walmart on Friday, but still haven't installed it yet. Still have to read the directions to find out what kind of salt and sand to use. Also waiting for Leo to build a small platform to set the filter on and we probably need a dedicated electrical outlet since we are using an extension cord for the pump we current use. Seems I keep putting $$ into the pool for the small size of it but it's worth it in the long run. I'm in it myself every day if it's not raining and the kids love it. Looking forward to having the new system set up so I don't have to do so much pool cleaning after a rain.

How difficult is the hose set up ... I have a feeling I'll be doing it myself.

SWG was very easy to set up in conjunction with the sand filter. The instructions they give you have 3 or 4 different ways to set it up based on whatever pump you have, but basically you disconnect the return from the pool, hook it up to the one side of the SWG, and the run another hose from the SWG back to the return. I had mine up and running in about 5 minutes.

they are back in stock but looks like just the saltwater system,but description says includes sand filter and pump,I went ahead and ordered one,will see what I get

I ordered another too as I was looking for one more spare sand filter. Although the filter is listed in the description it was not on my confirmation email/invoice. SWGC was listed at $119 and $50 gift card. A decent deal if someone is looking for a SWCG. I will be returning it as I already have a spare from the other bundle.

Hopefully the sand filter comes back online for $60 again. That was a steal of a deal. Let's all keep our eyes open and post when we see it.

Walmart caught and corected there mistake. As of this morning the sand filter is no longer in the description. I hope those who ordered yesterday will receive the sand filter as in the description but I doubt it.

I'm on here often and somehow missed this one. Will keep my eye out though... was hoping to get a back up swg but realized I'm too late on this one. Will have to keep my eyes open for another good deal. Was willing to pay the $119 and get the gift card but can't even pull that up right now.

Congrats on all those who got in on this one!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.