Need Advice Quick!!!

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi,

We are having a deck installed....almost time to start laying top boards. The plan is to go under the railing approximately 1 inch, but where the caps are they go down more than the railing, leaving only about a 1/4 inch gap. Is that adequate? Will replacing the liner be hard? I'm just wondering if I should see if the installer can cut notches for the end caps or else have the wood go only to (not under the railing? Opinions Please!!!!!!

We built our deck level with the top rail and cut notches around the post caps. We figured if we had to replace the liner this was easier to get at. There are some photos of the deck on our Pool Issues pages, link in my signature block.

Beaded liner.

Pool and deck are 7 years old. Yes, there's been a little shift, about 1/2" in some places. Last year we whittled away some of the wood by a couple of the caps where it was close to touching. The shift has been as a whole, closer to the top rail at the step end and away from the rail at the skimmer end. It has not touched the rail or the caps, hence no push against the structure itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.