Crack in conduit for spa side remote cable. How important to fix?

tilagain

Aug 16, 2023
SF Bay Area
Hi -

My Pentair iS4 Spa Side Remote has gone bad and I need to replace it. How important is it that the conduit that houses the spa side remote cable be free from cracks?

For context, the conduit that houses my spa side remote cable between the spa and the control system runs under a 10' wood deck and then underground for another ~50'. The deck is not covered and so it is exposed to rain, etc. When attempting to replace the remote, I noticed that the conduit is cracked and unstable (it moves when I jiggle the conduit from the opening at the edge of the spa) very near to where it exits the side of the spa and under the first few feet of wood deck. Unfortunately, accessing the conduit to repair it would require removing most of the deck because the deck was installed with invisible fasteners and I'm not able to remove just the few boards closest to the spa.

I'm wondering what the risks are of just leaving the conduit "as is", assuming I can successfully pull the cable for the replacement remote through it. Are there any safety concerns?

Thanks for any advice you can share.

Welcome to TFP.

The cable is low voltage. There are no safety concerns.

The conduit is there to try and protect the cable from damage.

Reactions: tilagain
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.