Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: final question

1. Back To Top    #1

final question

is the intelliflo VF worth the extra $250 over the VS ?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: final question

That depends what you want to do and how technical you are. Almost anything that can be done with a VF can be done with a VS plus a certain amount of calculating.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Oceanside, CA

I went on vacation and was away for I think 9 days. I had the auto fill off, and I also had the main drain diverter out of the skimmer. When I came back, water was barely getting into the skimmer if at all. The pump was cycling itself off and on due to the priming alarm. I don't know how long this was going on. Maybe all day at the most 2 days? I got the water level back in order and it's still working fine.

The VF pump will shut itself off if it doesn't prime. If it's scheduled to come on, it will try again in 15 minutes or so.

Also, with this pump you can set the GPM to exactly what you want and it will increase the speed if need be to hold it there. With a VS, you set the speed, and as the filter gets clogged, the flow will reduce since the speed stays the same.

How many times have you heard people ask to calculate how many GPM their pump is flowing?
    40 X 26 Free Form Pool with attached 9 X 7 Spa raised 18" with 8 Jets and Spillover, and an Art Rock Waterfall/Grotto with accent rocks, 26,000 gallons
    Intelliflo VF-3050 for Pool, VS-3050 for Spa Jets, VS-3050 for Waterfall/Grotto, Quad DE 80, 400K BTU Mastertemp, Intellitouch i7+3 w/ iS10 10 Function Spa-Side Remote, Intellichlor IC40 Salt Chlorinator, Telephone Remote, 2 Intellibrites for Pool/ 1 for Spa, Solar Panels on 2 story Roof w/ 75% coverage
    Pebble Tec Tropical Breeze Tsunami's Pool Build

4. Back To Top    #4

Well i ended up getting the VF
    will post pics and other data as soon as i get it up and running
    should i install it or have a professional do it for warranty purposes?

thanks for your help