Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to buy food coloring?

1. Back To Top    #1

Central NJ

Where to buy food coloring?

I have a leak in one of my skimmers and want to purchase food coloring to find the leak. Is there a national chain that sells food coloring? Is there something else I can use like strawberry syrup?
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Where to buy food coloring?

You should be able to find food coloring in almost any grocery store (I can't think of ever NOT finding it at any grocery store when I would look, should be in small probably less than 1 oz bottles), usually near where spices are sold, If your looking for a leak I suggest using red coloring.

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Where to buy food coloring?

If you anticipate doing this frequently, the paste is better than what you can usually find in the grocery store, something like this.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School