Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex SWG problem!-No Chlorine level increase when boosting

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex SWG problem!-No Chlorine level increase when boosting

I have an Intex SWG and I cant get my chlorine levels to come up. I boost and Boost but they never rise above a faint reading. What am I doing wrong?
    16x32 in ground, 4 to 6 ft, Hayward 1hp Super Pump, Hayward DE Filter (7lbs DE), Solar Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex SWG problem!-No Chlorine level increase when boost

Welcome to TFP!

You should post a full set of water test results and describe how the water looks.

In general, a SWG is not designed to raise the FC level up from zero, but rather to maintain it once everything is properly balanced. Chances are some of your levels are out of balance so the SWG is struggling, though there are other possibilities.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

My water is still cloudy. Should I "shock" it to raise the chlorine level and possibly clear it up some?
    16x32 in ground, 4 to 6 ft, Hayward 1hp Super Pump, Hayward DE Filter (7lbs DE), Solar Cover

4. Back To Top    #4

You certainly need some chlorine in the water one way or another. However, it is difficult to really know what is going on, or how much chlorine you need to add to be effective, without water test results. Guessing at things tends to lead to problems. You will do much better if you get more information by testing the water. If you don't have a test kit, most pool stores will test the water for you.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

and make sure to read Pool School on shocking. "shock" isn't a product but a process. Good luck!
    Garden Leisure Voyager 12x24 AGP, 7500 Gallons, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1 HP pump, dual speed, Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter, 120 GPM,

6. Back To Top    #6

I have got my chlorine levels right and the PH is right. But, my water is very cloudy

7. Back To Top    #7

Please post a full set of test results when asking for assistance. If all is OK, the cloudiness could take a few days to get filtered out. What brand pump filter are you runing?

Please see below

pool-school/read_before_you_post
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator