Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: underwater light

1. Back To Top    #1

underwater light

ok yall helped me on my filter now help me on under water light how to figure out if it works and what to do if it dont
    16\32 30,000 gallon inground pool triton II sand filter 3 h.p pump hayward chrlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: underwater light

To see if it works, the only challenge is figuring out what turns it on. Do you have an automation system? Or is there an obvious switch somewhere?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

there is some kind of box for light and dont know if it is wired right
    16\32 30,000 gallon inground pool triton II sand filter 3 h.p pump hayward chrlorinator

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like you may have found the junction box were the light wires comes out of the pool. My pool light switch is in the house on the wall with 4 other outdoor light switchs. So switch may not be outdoors.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Going through the same thing now with my new pool. The previous occupants of the house I bought didn't change light bulbs (I replaced literally 30 bulbs that were burned out) so I think that's the problem. But like Mike said, the switch could be anywhere. I found an Intermatic switch on the patio around the corner from the pool that I think operates the light hidden behind a plastic storage box!

As an aside, I couldn't find a switch for the outdoor lights next to the pool and found there were switches in the flower beds (they looked like regular outdoor outlets).

I decided I'm going to replace the bulb and eliminate that variable on mine and then see if any of the switches to anything.