Turning pool light on/off turns pump on/off. Sort of.

Katygreys

Gold Supporter
Mar 5, 2022
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Visited a relative in FL. Jandy Intellicenter. We could not figure out why the pump was coming on when the filter pump program was outside of its programmed run hours. Had a seemingly unrelated issue that the pool light was not working. I eventually discovered that:

-the pool light, which we thought was broken, was on a schedule, and when the light program kicked on, the pump turned on but light did not.
-Manually turning filter pump on/off works as expected. No issue.
-Manually Turning pool light on/off also turns filter pump on/off. And, light doesn’t come on.

What’s the deal here? We need to get the pump to stop being controlled by the light, and we need to get the light working. We had assumed light was broken or light relay broken, but maybe the light is fine and has something to do with what I’ve described here??

Thx!

Have your relative join TFP so he/she can post pics of that Jandy IntelliCenter and show us the wiring and schedule.

Last edited:
Visited a relative in FL. Jandy Intellicenter. We could not figure out why the pump was coming on when the filter pump program was outside of its programmed run hours. Had a seemingly unrelated issue that the pool light was not working. I eventually discovered that:

-the pool light, which we thought was broken, was on a schedule, and when the light program kicked on, the pump turned on but light did not.
-Manually turning filter pump on/off works as expected. No issue.
-Manually Turning pool light on/off also turns filter pump on/off. And, light doesn’t come on.

What’s the deal here? We need to get the pump to stop being controlled by the light, and we need to get the light working. We had assumed light was broken or light relay broken, but maybe the light is fine and has something to do with what I’ve described here??

Thx!
Sounds like the buttons are mislabeled. Jandy or Pentair?