Server not found

chem geek

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
San Rafael, CA USA
I've been getting "Server not found" a few times today when accessing TFP. A retry once or twice then gets back to TFP. Is this message when the server is too busy to handle requests? I can understand the limits on searches since that takes a lot of processing power, but is just accessing the website limited/throttled as well?

"Server not found" usually means there is a problem somewhere on the Internet between you and our web server that is causing trouble connecting at all.

There is a extremely high traffic limit above which you will get the TFP logo and a message saying the server is overloaded, please come back later. But we have never been anywhere near that level of traffic.

Well this happened to me again today, this time from a completely different location, so something is strange. Retrying a bunch didn't help, but waiting some number of minutes and trying again got through. I had no problem accessing other websites.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.