Over the Air Updates - Hayward Omnilogic

Mpal

May 15, 2022
New York
I have had issues with my OmniLogic since the day it was installed in 2019. It has been extremely finicky when I try to control
It from the app. Sometimes it would work and other times it would not.

As of current it does not work at all. I tried to update the MSP version to 4.8 from 4.3 and it is stating that the upgrade server is not available and check internet connect and date/time. I performed The internet diagnostic check and I am getting all green checks but I continuously get the same error message. I am hardwired with a direct cat6 run.

Any help would be appreciated to get the system to work through the app and make it more reliable.

Attachments

• IMG_4985.jpeg
    IMG_4985.jpeg
    429.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I have had issues with my OmniLogic since the day it was installed in 2019. It has been extremely finicky when I try to control
It from the app. Sometimes it would work and other times it would not.

As of current it does not work at all. I tried to update the MSP version to 4.8 from 4.3 and it is stating that the upgrade server is not available and check internet connect and date/time. I performed The internet diagnostic check and I am getting all green checks but I continuously get the same error message. I am hardwired with a direct cat6 run.

Any help would be appreciated to get the system to work through the app and make it more reliable.
@Mpal Hayward’s cloud servers do have downtime every so often; often enough that maybe once a week I’ll see similar, where you make a control change from the app and nothing happens, or it takes 30 seconds, etc. this obviously makes diagnosing whether this is a local issue or a cloud issue challenging.

I’d first recommend manually updating your firmware by downloading the update from Hayward’s site and updating with a usb drive at the controller. Hayward did state with the v4.8.0 release the following: “Cloud changes for reliability that require all R4.0.0 users and above to upgrade to R4.8.0 before June 15, 2023. An upgrade is required to continue to have access to over the air (OTA)firmware upgrades”

From there, it’s always possible that you may have a local problem. You could test your Ethernet cable, assign a static Ip to the controller in your router to avoid dhcp lease issues, make sure it isn’t your internet connection dropping out when you have issues, etc. Hope this helps.

@Mpal Hayward’s cloud servers do have downtime every so often; often enough that maybe once a week I’ll see similar, where you make a control change from the app and nothing happens, or it takes 30 seconds, etc. this obviously makes diagnosing whether this is a local issue or a cloud issue challenging.

I’d first recommend manually updating your firmware by downloading the update from Hayward’s site and updating with a usb drive at the controller. Hayward did state with the v4.8.0 release the following: “Cloud changes for reliability that require all R4.0.0 users and above to upgrade to R4.8.0 before June 15, 2023. An upgrade is required to continue to have access to over the air (OTA)firmware upgrades”

From there, it’s always possible that you may have a local problem. You could test your Ethernet cable, assign a static Ip to the controller in your router to avoid dhcp lease issues, make sure it isn’t your internet connection dropping out when you have issues, etc. Hope this helps.
How can I test to see if I have a local problem? When I do the network diagnostic it passes quickly. Also I want to share that if I make the change at the panel it does update on the app so it seems as though flow of data is working in one direction.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.