Dolphin Sigma working but not communicating with PS.

stevez2436

Nov 11, 2023
Clearwater, FL
I have a Dolphin Sigma and have been dealing with this same communication problem for a couple of months. Since the robot cleaner still operates normally, I haven't had any urgency to send the unit back to Maytronics (which is what they want me to do). The cost for shipping the robot and power supply back to Maytronics will easily cost me in excess of $70 so was hoping someone on this forum will be able to figure out a fix.

Every time a "scheduled" cleanup begins, the MyDolphin app (Android) immediately displays an error message stating "Robot is not responding" even though the Sigma robot is running normally per the daily schedule set up within the MyDolphin app. (See the attached screenshot displaying the error message on the App).

After the normal 2.5 hour cleaning, the robot stops running normally. However, the light on the power supply stays on "blue". In order to prepare the Sigma for the next day's scheduled cleaning cycle, the error message on the MyDolphin app must be cleared or it won't run the next day. Once the error message is cleared from the App, the light on the power supply returns to "flashing green".

I checked the blue power line connector at the power supply and it seems secure as it should be since the Sigma robot is actively running the scheduled cleanup daily Monday thru Friday (albeit requiring the error message on the App to be cleared manually every day). I also tried unplugging and reconnecting the blue power line and also uninstalling and reinstalling the MyDolphin App. The Wi-Fi signal strength is very good and is transmitting on 2.4 GHz. I've also tried turning off the power to the power supply unit then restarting the unit, but the same error message continues to display on the App immediately when the robot begins any cleanup including a manual or scheduled cleaning.

None of these corrective actions have solved the error message with the Android App.

Would be ecstatic if someone has a solution for this that would allow me to bypass sending the entire robot/power supply back to Maytronics.

MyDolphinPlusApp_ScreenshotError.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you haven’t received any replies,
Have you tried using a different device to control the bot? iOS perhaps?
Do you have the optional remote? If not perhaps they could just send you one & you could forget about the app.
Unfortunately the apps are known to be buggy.
That model does also have automation mode which, if enabled, would allow you to use a cheap smart plug & your favorite app to create schedules for the bot, turn it of & on etc. You would lose the “driving” ability but from what I understand that’s overrated. You would also lose the ability to have dedicated cleaning types (floor only etc.) it would just be the standard shebang.
I use automation mode for mine as it will continue for infinity if I wish whereas the built in scheduler must be reset after a week & isn’t very customizable.
It also allows me to initiate a run or turn the bot off from wherever in the world I am.
Here’s how it works
IMG_0452.png
Note* these instructions are for a power supply that has the visible weekly scheduler buttons. Yours is a newer type power supply so YMMV although maytronics states on their site that your bot has automation mode.

If you still decide to send it back despite these workaround options be sure to check pirateship.com for shipping rates. When I tried it from your location to Maytronics in GA, approximate box size & 35# weight I came up with around $30.

Sorry you haven’t received any replies,
Have you tried using a different device to control the bot? iOS perhaps?
Do you have the optional remote? If not perhaps they could just send you one & you could forget about the app.
Unfortunately the apps are known to be buggy.
That model does also have automation mode which, if enabled, would allow you to use a cheap smart plug & your favorite app to create schedules for the bot, turn it of & on etc. You would lose the “driving” ability but from what I understand that’s overrated. You would also lose the ability to have dedicated cleaning types (floor only etc.) it would just be the standard shebang.
I use automation mode for mine as it will continue for infinity if I wish whereas the built in scheduler must be reset after a week & isn’t very customizable.
It also allows me to initiate a run or turn the bot off from wherever in the world I am.
Here’s how it works
View attachment 544047
Note* these instructions are for a power supply that has the visible weekly scheduler buttons. Yours is a newer type power supply so YMMV although maytronics states on their site that your bot has automation mode.

If you still decide to send it back despite these workaround options be sure to check pirateship.com for shipping rates. When I tried it from your location to Maytronics in GA, approximate box size & 35# weight I came up with around $30.
I've decided to not send the unit back since the automation or "scheduled" daily cleaning cycle continues to work. The only annoyance is that I have to manually clear the error message on the app once the cleaning cycle is done. Once the error message is cleared, the power unit light changes from blue back to flashing green and it is all set to run the schedule again for the next day.

Once the error message is cleared on the app, I can still change the cleaning schedule however I wish. Just have to deal with the manual clearing of the app error.

Also, I never use the remote control so that isn't a big deal.

Maybe at some point someone will have a solution for the app, but for now I have a workaround.

Their app is certainly known to be buggy. Definitely leave a review on the App Store about it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Look into trying the automation mode I posted with a cheap ole smart plug. Mine has been in automation mode basically since I got it. It’s great. I can even yell at alexa to run the bot if I want.
It just sucks that you paid alot more for those bells & whistles that don’t function properly.

Their app is certainly known to be buggy. Definitely leave a review on the App Store about it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Look into trying the automation mode I posted with a cheap ole smart plug. Mine has been in automation mode basically since I got it. It’s great. I can even yell at alexa to run the bot if I want.
It just sucks that you paid alot more for those bells & whistles that don’t function properly.
Yup, will definitely give the App Store my piece of mind on this Dolphin app.

With respect to automation mode, unfortunately my Dolphin Sigma power unit does not have a "timer" or scheduler button. It just has a single Power button.

Have a GREAT day!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.