Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: tarp question

1. Back To Top    #1

tarp question

i have a 24 x 52 ultra frame intex pool should i buy a 24x24 tarp to put down or go a little bigger like 25x25 tarp thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: tarp question

Personally I like the idea of a cheap 24' round AGP winter cover. The actual diameter will be 27 or 28 ft. You could also get a 21ft round cover, but it may only be 24' or 25' in diameter, which may work...Just check with the seller 1st
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Wait a sec dman; dario, is this to put beneath the pool or on top?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

yes under i just want it to be big enough and not to short

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    Wait a sec dman; dario, is this to put beneath the pool or on top?
    I knew someone would question me on that

My thought...(see Mods are allowed to lose it here or there ) is that the cheap winter covers that are out there for AGPs, even though we typically use them for pool closings, they are nothing more than a tarp cut in either a circle or oval shape, hence avoiding the need to trim a 24x24 tarp. My thinking is that if the OP can find a nice blue 21' winter cover with a 2ft overlap it should be 25ft in diameter, hence a perfect fit for a 24' intex pool. On the other hand, a 24ft round winter cover will likely be 27-28ft in dia. and may allow the OP area around the pool area to keep towels shoes and feet out of the grass, before entering the pool.

Something like this...although now that I see the price...would mean a $50 tarp ...anyhow, something to think about

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pool-Winter-Cover-2 ... 3f025a8724
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

i need the correct size tarp from under this pool i just did not want to be to short so i dont know if a 24x24 or a 25x25 tarp would be good

7. Back To Top    #7

I would go with the 25x25 tarp. If it sticks out more than you would like you can trim it or fold it under. I think a 24x24 would be too short.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

10 4 on that going to get it from tarps direct thanks so much