Brand New Intex 18x9 installation

AntiX82

Sep 6, 2023
Weston, TX
Hi all!
First post and first above ground pool installation. We have not filled it yet and are in the final phases of setup. I have some questions that I have not been able to find good answers on yet.

1. We have the tarp that came with the pol laid on top of 2 felt pool pads underneath the liner. They both extend about 1-2 feet out from the pool liner. The sprinklers went off last night and some water pooled on the tarp that extends out. I can imagine the rain would be even worse. Should we just fold it under to the pool liner? Should we just cut it?

2. If the pool ground is level, but a little lower than the grass next to it does that cause water pooling around the pool? We are in north texas with dirt/clay. Any recommendations for rain or water that we can do ahead of time?

Hello, welcome to the forum!

I use to have an Intex and I decided to trim the tarp and pad all around the pool. My main concern was that it just looked awful to leave it! LOL

Seems too obvious to say, but if you do decide to trim, do it carefully! Sharp blades are not your pool’s friend.

For the second item, it really depends on many factors, like the amount of rainfall, the type of soil, the change in level of soil. Since you have some clay in your soil, you may get some pooling. Can we see a photo of the area?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.