Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ABG wall insulation

1. Back To Top    #1

ABG wall insulation

Hi

Has anyone every added insulation in thae walls, under the liner?

I have a huge (12' x 40') solar heater but the pool cools down so much at night, even with solar cover

thanks
    gary
    thanks
    gary

24ft x 54" aquasphere mission agp, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp hayward, TF-100, BBB method, pool install July 2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ABG wall insulation

I'm sure someone else will be here with the exact figures but from what I am led to beleive, most heat loss is through evaporation. As you have a solar cover I can only think that you're either in a location that is very cold at night, or you are leaving your pump running at night which will cause the pool to cool down. I'm assuming you're solar system has a control unit.
    Self built 5500 gallon bare concrete (temporarily) pool with limestone coping, Pentair Swimmey 1/2 HP pump, Triton sand filter with DE, Simpool peristaltic muriatic acid pump with pH sensor and Monarch SWG. Home made solar heater with Pentair Compool control panel and 3 way valve. 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 2 returns, 2" plumbing, Hayward auto fill valve.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: ABG wall insulation

Yes I used the wall foam insulation as well as the foam cove and also put foam on bottom and it does seem to really help hold heat thru the night.
    12,000 gal. 24' x48"AGP, hayward power-flo lx 1Hp. pump Hayward S244T 24" sand filter system.
    use BBB method and love it!