Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Soft Sided Intex 12' x 24' with Deck

1. Back To Top    #1

New Soft Sided Intex 12' x 24' with Deck

I have setup an Intex 12' x 24' soft sided pool next to my new 12' deck expansion and will add the other 12' after I enjoy the pool for a few months. I have posted a few pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24,000 gunite freeform w/ pebble plaster, weeping wall, spa; Pentair Cartridge Filter; 2HP Whisperflow pumps; inline chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Soft Sided Intex 12' x 24' with Deck

wow, thats a beautiful and very impressive setup! i love the deck. i would love to have a big pool like that in the future but right now i'm enjoying my 16x48. is this your first experience with the intex pools?
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, SWG, 52'' 20G overlap liner, intex pool light

3. Back To Top    #3

I think you hit a HOME RUN! Your setup is proof that you don't have to spend 1,000's of dollars to have a really nice pool.
    24' X 52" AGP - On a concrete slab with 1" Dow blue foam board bottom.
    2Hp 2 speed Waterways pump/Cart. Filter.
    Hard Plumbed 20' away
    Deck 1/3 around pool
    Pool Rover Jr.
    DIY project
    Best Pool Store Quote, "THAT BLEACH WILL DESTROY YOUR LINER."

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jsf0656
    wow, thats a beautiful and very impressive setup! i love the deck. i would love to have a big pool like that in the future but right now i'm enjoying my 16x48. is this your first experience with the intex pools?
    yes this is my first Intex pool. I replaced an 18' x 48" round lomart.
    24,000 gunite freeform w/ pebble plaster, weeping wall, spa; Pentair Cartridge Filter; 2HP Whisperflow pumps; inline chlorinator

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice. Clean lines and very inviting. Is that composite decking?

I've had a 30' X 30' Trex deck for almost 10 years. Virtually zero maintenance. I'm getting ready to use some I had left over right on the ground with little prep, level, add some sand, weed cloth, a bit of chopped, recycled, rubber ground cover (we have kazillions of rocks that work up). Can't get much simpler. I've already been using those pieces for years, straight on the dirt, with huge 5 ft long planters and storage bins sitting on them. When I moved the things to clean up the boards they were just like new.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by geekgranny
    Very nice. Clean lines and very inviting. Is that composite decking?

I've had a 30' X 30' Trex deck for almost 10 years. Virtually zero maintenance. I'm getting ready to use some I had left over right on the ground with little prep, level, add some sand, weed cloth, a bit of chopped, recycled, rubber ground cover (we have kazillions of rocks that work up). Can't get much simpler. I've already been using those pieces for years, straight on the dirt, with huge 5 ft long planters and storage bins sitting on them. When I moved the things to clean up the boards they were just like new.

gg=alice
    Hi Geekgranny,

The deck wood is cedar with deckscape solid stain... The Trex was triple the price in my area and I was not sure this deck would even work around this type of pool.

7. Back To Top    #7

Question on Your Deck

Hawkfan,
    Been a while since you posted this, so not sure if you are reading. I am looking at doing a something similar to your setup, but have two questions. From your photos, it looks as though your deck is laying on top of the pool edge. Is it, or is just above it? If so, are there any issues? Also, it looks as though the deck supports (to the ground) are set back from thh pool a bit; to avoid the pool U-supports I assume? How far are they set back; and again, have you had any issues with the install?

Thanks, and I appreciate your reply if you are still tracking this board/thread.
    Play dress up games to study fashion design