Best way 12 x 24 vs. Intex 12 x 24

ndube82

Apr 16, 2023
Ffld county, CT
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi all, new to the forum after finding this wonderful site while researching.

I am replacing a 15 x 48 and going to put in one of the two options below :

Best way 12 x 24
intex Ultra 12 x 24

Which is the better pool and why? Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

Fyi, I have a 1.5hp Hayward pump, original Intex swg, all Hayward fittings and returns as well.

I have had the intex Metal frame pool for the past 4-5 seasons. My friend had a similar Bestway Metal Frame pool. I believe he paid maybe $75 less than I did and both our pools lasted the same length of time. My experience is that the intex pump works a bit better but that could just be bias, both his pump and mine were rated the same and used same size cartridge filters (this has no bearing for you since you have a hayward pump).

If both pools are equal (liner thickness, frame thickness etc) I'd go with the cheaper of the 2.

Reactions: ndube82
I have had the intex Metal frame pool for the past 4-5 seasons. My friend had a similar Bestway Metal Frame pool. I believe he paid maybe $75 less than I did and both our pools lasted the same length of time. My experience is that the intex pump works a bit better but that could just be bias, both his pump and mine were rated the same and used same size cartridge filters (this has no bearing for you since you have a hayward pump).

If both pools are equal (liner thickness, frame thickness etc) I'd go with the cheaper of the 2.
Thanks so much! The cost difference is 400. I am interested in the XTR Intex frame because I use a swg and the best way I had prior rusted quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.