Walmart has gone BBB!

We dont have anything but regular bleach at my store. We do sell stabilizer though. It seems that regs from place to place may be different? Anyway, the 800-number seems to be the way to go with making the suggestions. Fire away! 1-800-walmart everyone!

JohnT said:
You may want to check that those jugs are gallons. I've never seen 6% in gallons. 96oz or the 182oz is it. $1.50 a gallon is a good price, but $1.50 for a 96oz jug is a higher price than the typical $2.54 for the GV bleach in the 182oz jugs at Walmart.

Yes it's 1 gal. and is 6%

IMAG0021.jpg

Our WM sells all the HTH products except no liquid chlorine. We do get our stabalizer there - it's a big 4lb container. Our local Menards also has stabalizer but much smaller containers. I buy out all the WM GV large jugs in the spring when we do startup. Our local KMart actually had Polyquat which is so unusual since most of these stores like to sell the ammonia or copper based stuff.

My local Leslie's sells liquid chlorine in 1 gal jugs (4 in a case) or they also sell it in bigger jugs that they charge you a 'deposit' and when you return the jug you get your money back. The 1 gal jugs are 10%.

They don't have them out on the floor and they never advertise it. It is something that is kept in the back I they always bring it out on the dolly cart. They can't keep the stuff in stock. Always out and waiting for a truck to bring it it. It is $16.99 for the case of four 1 gal jugs.

On the other hand, I hate wm or 'the devil' as I call it. I have had to get my bleach from them this year because the pool store can't keep the liquid chlorine in stock.

I saw the same Arm & Hammer as in the original post at Sam's Club here in town. More surprising is the 10% liquid chlorine that I saw at the local Target. NOBODY in Wichita carried liquid chlorine over 6%, probably due to legal restrictions. So I wonder how Target gets around that. It was uneconomical to get it, though, as it was $5/gal.

I was going to come here and post the same thing! I was really surprised when I saw the huge bags of baking soda next to the pool supplies.

Now I'm wondering if that big section of empty shelves in the pool section was for the GV bleach. I didn't read the tags, but I did notice a big empty spot.

Price varies from Walmart to Walmart. Yesterday I bought 6% Great Value bleach $1.27 for a 96 ounce jug at a Walmart 7 miles from my house. Today I found the same size jug, 6% Great Value bleach for .98. They also had a bucket of Arm and Hammer pucks with clarifier added to it. Don't remember the price.

ok guys...enough with the Borax...I needed some for my laundry today...used the last of what I had outside, which was originally robbed from my laundry...and our WM was OUT. Shelf wiped clean...lol...
Stop spreading the word, k? My towels need some borax! ;-)

Sure do wish my local Walmart was keeping the amounts of bleach I need, drives me nuts everytime I go the GV bleach in the large size is gone. Its 2.54 for the large 184oz and like 1.54 for the 96oz size. Can't get the dollar store to find out what % theres is as it isn't marked. Pool stores are way over priced for there higher % liquid chlorine.....guess I need to go to another Walmart!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had to have Baking Soda so I went to Walmart. In the pool section they had a bucket of tablets that were 86% and then some kind of clarifer for $20.00 (I forget how many pounds) I think about 16 but not sure. I went to the laundry section and got 8 pounds of 100% for $6. So I guess they have caught on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.