1st World Problems…FIberglass Pool Manufacturer/Model Selection

Just curious if you made a decision? I had Artistic come out for a site visit for Lake Michigan but I really wanted sun shelf (in preferred dimensions). I know they’re booked out until at least June 2023. I never heard back from the Dolphin dealer after I asked for a quote for a Beach Cove, but that’s okay because that model was too narrow anyway.
Nope, I have Artistic coming out next week to give a hard quote for the South Beach (now Jul 2023!).

I met with a reputable custom gunite PB today who uses pebble sheen finish and am getting a quote this week for a 20 x 40 free form (with SWG!). I anticipate It to come in the same price as fiberglass. My neighbor just had his gunite w/ pebble sheen installed and it looks very high end and not is nit rough on feet (just grippy).

My wife is going to her friends house tomorrow who got the beach cove installed last summer. It is on the smaller side but perfect for their space. They love it.

Sounds like a salesman that doesn't have a clue IMHO. I wouldn't base a decision on Joshua in sales at Thursday Pools. This individual clearly doesn't speak for the manufacturer, otherwise there'd be a statement made. Do what you want and what makes you comfortable. Just wouldn't go off of that FB response. Again MO.

Sounds like a salesman that doesn't have a clue IMHO. I wouldn't base a decision on Joshua in sales at Thursday Pools. This individual clearly doesn't speak for the manufacturer, otherwise there'd be a statement made. Do what you want and what makes you comfortable. Just wouldn't go off of that FB response. Again MO.
2 other people in the Facebook fiberglass pool group texted Thursday on different days and got the same response. I doubt they have a rogue employee dispensing advice not backed by the 2 owners. Also the the Thursday rep who held the dealer conference said the same thing.

I have an Imagine Illusion 16x40 in Storm Grey. I absolutely love this pool and I think you would too. It has the tanning ledge built into the pool. You can google imagine pools and send them an email to find a dealer near you. Here are some pics of my pool. The ledge is 16x10 with walk in steps and gives me 35ft of swimming space. I also have the Typhoon water slide. The ledge is roughly 18" deep. At the steps it's about 4.5ft deep with a gradual slope going to 7ft deep. At the ladder. I can just touch the bottom of the pool so it offers a very nice shallow end for youngsters to play and not be too deep. The tanning ledge is enjoyed thoroughly by kids, adults and dogs. In the deep end, it has a sitting bench and a step out on both sides. It's an absolutely gorgeous pool. As kimkats said, these fiberglass pools are only as good as the installers. If you do go with fiberglass, do not use flex pipe for plumbing. Go with sch 40. Oh and Imagine offers a lifetime warranty on the shell.
Casey - you are going to ruin your robot running it in a pool without water! :cool:
:cool::cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Casey
I have an Imagine Illusion 16x40 in Storm Grey. I absolutely love this pool and I think you would too. It has the tanning ledge built into the pool. You can google imagine pools and send them an email to find a dealer near you. Here are some pics of my pool. The ledge is 16x10 with walk in steps and gives me 35ft of swimming space. I also have the Typhoon water slide. The ledge is roughly 18" deep. At the steps it's about 4.5ft deep with a gradual slope going to 7ft deep. At the ladder. I can just touch the bottom of the pool so it offers a very nice shallow end for youngsters to play and not be too deep. The tanning ledge is enjoyed thoroughly by kids, adults and dogs. In the deep end, it has a sitting bench and a step out on both sides. It's an absolutely gorgeous pool. As kimkats said, these fiberglass pools are only as good as the installers. If you do go with fiberglass, do not use flex pipe for plumbing. Go with sch 40. Oh and Imagine offers a lifetime warranty on the shell.
I love the color of your water!

• Love
Reactions: Casey
I recon building a pool is a pain full stop. The idea is great but the experience is an endurance test of patience and accepting your hard earned is just another job to the builder, not your wonderful pool. Most builders regardless of structure are poor on communication, gouge on pricing, and have taken to much work on. Most of them need a kick up the bum really. The quoting process is as feel good as it gets until the day you eventually get to swim in it. However when you see the pool actually built, and if you could know the contractors the process is dead easy. Know one contractor and they all know the others. Reckon finding an excavator who digs pools would be the easiest to start with. He will know the steel guys who know the gunite guys, who will know the plumber and the electrician. The gunite guys know the pebble guys. Pools are generally all this group of contractors do so its just a matter of engaging them, they know the process and requirements. You can build the pool's specs on pumps, filters, heating and so on right here and project manage the whole thing without much effort I feel.

I went gunite in the end as we could design the pool that suited us. Yes glass was a quicker install pending you like rectangle and nothing went wrong like the weather, or the shell clipped a tree in transporting, the colours, etc, but prices were similar. If I did it again I would take my own advice and save the rather large margin the builder has put on top of everything. Engineer - pool certifier for the legals will work for anyone as to the contractors who have been a great bunch of blokes.

Reactions: JohnnyUtah
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.