1963 pool resurection

Gas companies. I feel your pain. Sheesh. Its going to cost us $500 to hook up a straight run of pipe maybe 5 feet to the meter right next to the pool heater. Oh and our first gas bill they charged us $11 for using 0 gas. Yep, ZERO. And that didn't include the service charge to start the account.

Here's hoping you made progress today - and have pics to share of it!

well they installed tiles today
here are the steps and the outer seating area of spa

deep end bench 1

deep end bench 2

phone camera is full now. have to delete a few things to take more pictures.
looks like they also took their stuff that was here away.
just waiting for the lights to show up and then we can plaster.
on the gas front, had to call the building dept. to release the gas test and they have no record of any gas inspections. hmmm
gets better every day.

Honestly, I'm neither happy nor unhappy with the tiles. Still numb. At least it's progress. Hopefully lights and plaster soon.
Inspector called this morning to let me know he needs another visit before releasing gas test. The fun never ends...

Well it's been over a week since I've heard anything from the pb.
His guys did show up on Wednesday to lay accent tiles and clear all their stuff outta here. I was told tiles and plaster this week. No sign of lights or plaster happening.
I sent him a message a few days ago about getting final inspection on gas before they would change out meter. No reply.
Not sure what's going on with him but I don't care for it at all. Pretty lame in my opinion.
This is certainly not the way to get any recommendations that's for sure.
Time to man up and accept responsibility. Nobody to blame but himself.

Almost everybody has a $600+ communication device in their pocket that will notify them if their friend 800 miles away farted. No reason a professional can't answer a phone call, text, or email. On a side note, a friend of mine is one of these type people. I know he has his iphone with him 24/7, but sometimes I can't get a response from him for a day. I work swing shift and am asleep sometimes he is awake, and I have a better return time than he does working straight days. My wife has one like that too. Some people are just oblivious or dumb I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
He's actually a really nice guy and I believe that he means well. He just seems a little confused about the contract and thinks I'm taking advantage of him. He has a really bad memory and often forgets things that we talked about.
If you were to talk to him I'm sure he would say that I am the irritating one.
Reality is I haven't taken a stance against anything except for trying to charge me for the benches which I offered to split with him to avoid conflict. I thought I was being generous he thought he was getting the short end of the stick in the deal but agreed to do it.
So I'm not really sure what his problem is now. All I did was ask him to get the pool and spa lights out there before plastering. They have already been paid for a long time ago. "Sitting at will call" for months now. Lol. Give me a break.
Hopefully he is reading this thread so he knows how I feel about the whole thing.

If I had to have a pool built by your guy or by me using only a spoon, I would make sure I got a spork so I could get through the tough dirt more efficiently. You and that other user here with the long skinny pool. Both are nightmares with a capital AARRGGGHHH!!!

He's actually a really nice guy and I believe that he means well. He just seems a little confused about the contract and thinks I'm taking advantage of him. He has a really bad memory and often forgets things that we talked about.
If you were to talk to him I'm sure he would say that I am the irritating one.
Reality is I haven't taken a stance against anything except for trying to charge me for the benches which I offered to split with him to avoid conflict. I thought I was being generous he thought he was getting the short end of the stick in the deal but agreed to do it.
So I'm not really sure what his problem is now. All I did was ask him to get the pool and spa lights out there before plastering. They have already been paid for a long time ago. "Sitting at will call" for months now. Lol. Give me a break.
Hopefully he is reading this thread so he knows how I feel about the whole thing.

Hang in there, Jimbo. Just go back to the first page of this thread and look at where you've come from. You're almost to the finish line!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.